Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

18 hours ago, tandle said:

opinion the new signings, now 4 hookers and a prop. both amatures

I’m all for giving amateurs a go but we need experienced prop forwards. Hooker ? We now have 5 hookers on the books and wilkinson and slater have been fantastic so far this season in the friendlies and competitive games. There must still be money in budget because I can’t see these two being on much if anything if they don’t play 

Seriously though.

Tandle,Moorside Roughyed and a few others

Lads enjoy this

You didnt think it was possiibe thats fair enough. Its happening though and its going to get even better

Accept it 

We are all Oldham arent we?

• Like 7

No one is grumbling. Its great news thar the club is moving forward after years  of nomadic existence.

I think Mr H has burnt many bridges with many fans and it needs work to build trust again not with words burnt actions

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tandle said:

oldham rlfc [1997] ltd is insolvent.

Is it? Really?

" Insolvent, unable to pay debts owed".

That would include everyone with a mortgage, a loan  or an overdraft. However, if someone or some entity has an agreement to service that debt, then it's not considered insolvent .  The original club was insolvent because it was unable to service it's debt. 

Now it may be that CH, at some point in the future may not be able to service any debt. But At this moment in time the club is not insolvent!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clifford said:

No one is grumbling. Its great news thar the club is moving forward after years  of nomadic existence.

I think Mr H has burnt many bridges with many fans and it needs work to build trust again not with words burnt actions

I hope the club can move forward. But I do think that Mr H has burned a lot of bridges unnecessarily. People who genuinely cared for the club were ignored, Clifford and co who had meetings with the chairman years ago only for him to cancel the rest of them. Trust has to be restored but for some fans it could be too late unfortunately. The attendances this season will be a pointer of where the club is at. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I hope the club can move forward. But I do think that Mr H has burned a lot of bridges unnecessarily. People who genuinely cared for the club were ignored, Clifford and co who had meetings with the chairman years ago only for him to cancel the rest of them. Trust has to be restored but for some fans it could be too late unfortunately. The attendances this season will be a pointer of where the club is at. 

All valid points and incredibly frustrating for supporters that have tried their best to engage with the club.

As Tandle previously pointed out, why would CH want to move to BP and spoil his nice little business set-up? Unless he's not doing of course and we are going to get a completely fresh start without any of the historical baggage.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

All valid points and incredibly frustrating for supporters that have tried their best to engage with the club.

As Tandle previously pointed out, why would CH want to move to BP and spoil his nice little business set-up? Unless he's not doing of course and we are going to get a completely fresh start without any of the historical baggage.  

I hope it is a fresh start for the club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tandle said:

oldham band wageners sorry council opening thier mouths to early before the boundary park complex as been purchashed.

it would not surprise me if the purchase price hasnt gone up.

So you wouldn't be surprised if the purchase price remained the same.  Gotcha.

• Haha 2

state of play.

28th of july 2022.

rothwells completes oldham athletic take over.

buying the financially club from abduallah lemsagam.

at this time the rothwells own oldham athletic fc ltd.

of the 3 amigos only one owns boundary park simon blitz.

and its a mine field of ltd companies.