Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

27 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Let's look at the options. 

1)Integrating with latics. CH stays on as CEO.

1a) CH doesn't stay on.

2) new owner, Jim ratcliffe, Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan or someone else.

3) major investment, with no change of owner.

4) Rochdale become Oldham's reserves.

5) new burger van at Hollinwood.

My understanding is that CH wasn't involved in the BP discussions (despite the photo / video ops). Therefore, I honestly thing he's actually selling up. However, to whom I have no idea?

2 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

My understanding is that CH wasn't involved in the BP discussions (despite the photo / video ops). Therefore, I honestly thing he's actually selling up. However, to whom I have no idea?

If your understanding is correct, then it would be difficult to see how Mr Hamilton could continue with a business model which has been imposed upon him.

1 minute ago, Bert Street said:

If your understanding is correct, then it would be difficult to see how Mr Hamilton could continue with a business model which has been imposed upon him.

I agree. I think if he sells he goes. If that's the case, we are getting a completely fresh start. New owners and back at BP.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

I agree. I think if he sells he goes. If that's the case, we are getting a completely fresh start. New owners and back at BP.

Although it may be he negotiates to continue in some capacity until the end of this season in a transitional role, which would become less relevant by the day.

41 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Let's look at the options. 

1)Integrating with latics. CH stays on as CEO.

1a) CH doesn't stay on.

2) new owner, Jim ratcliffe, Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan or someone else.

3) major investment, with no change of owner.

4) Rochdale become Oldham's reserves.

5) new burger van at Hollinwood.

6. Andy Mazey takes over and renames the club Rochdale Roughyeds

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bert Street said:

Although it may be he negotiates to continue in some capacity until the end of this season in a transitional role, which would become less relevant by the day.

Always a possibility. Although, if that was the case, I'd have expected he would have been part of the negotiations to return to BP. I would hope any new owner would recognise the need to re-connect the different factions. In my opinion, the only way to do that would be a completely fresh start.

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 1

Just now, Roughyed Rats said:

Always a possibility. However, I would hope any new owner would recognise the need to re-connect the different factions. In my opinion, the only way to do that would be a completely fresh start.

Agreed,although he may be initially useful as he knows where all the bodies are.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bert Street said:

To the best of your knowledge, is it a specific rugby announcement or a Council/Rugby/Latics affair?

Very much about the rugby……and that is all I can really say without giving too much away. 
Jim Ratcliffe is apparently pre occupied on another bid at the moment so can confirm he is not involved in this announcement.

Will be a press conference at 10am headed by all involved parties and not just a tweet put out at 10!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1