Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

Okay so assuming a new owner, after Sunday we have a two week break before our biggest home match of the season. As there is a fixture clash with both us and latics are at home with a 3pm kickoff, would you change to Monday and change to BP as a one off, to have real marketing push?

Posters saying the move to BP would never happen, just for it to happen. Now, not even a day ago casting doubt about Rothwell purchasing the ground, just for it to get announced the next day 🤣

Does anyone else want to jinx something into existence? 

Edited by Jamie_
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

For me if Chris calls time on his ownership I would like to say thank you to him. Cos clearly whether you like Chris or not his passion for the club could not be faulted.

I think the time is right for new ownership but I've said that since 2015. I have told Chris 

2024 new dawn..................hopefully 

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, tandle said:

he does m.r. join me and the  others who talk sense.

how long have you supported oldham m.r.

As my forum name suggests,I grew up with Sheddings a stones through away. I went to my first game when I was about 12, in my mid 40s now.

25 minutes ago, tandle said:

the rothwell family take over the ownership  of the boundary park complex today oldham chron.

Really?!! I'm sure I read a post on here just a few days ago that this would never happen 🤣 

On 13/03/2023 at 16:39, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Dennyroughyed, on the grading post , stated that he's heard that it's a move to BP. The announcement is 10 am on Wednesday. If I've not heard by 10 am and 30 seconds I will be most frustrated!!!

Magnificent news......been waiting for this news for years and years. Thanks to Chris too....very magnanimous statement.

• Like 4

Just now, Rochdale Roughyed said:

Magnificent news......been waiting for this news for years and years. Thanks to Chris too....very magnanimous statement.

Magnificent news indeed, and a relief that all the recent speculation hasn't ended in disappointment for the supporters. Exciting times ahead.

A big thank you to Chris for keeping the Club alive for the past quarter century and the best of luck to him for the future. 

• Like 7

Just read Chris Hamilton's statement. It has to be admitted that the guy has gone out with class. I don't personally know him but though he has had his critics, as has been said without him this club would probably be dead and gone long since. He has put his money where his mouth is and his health has suffered. For a quarter of a century he has run our great club, in dreadful circumstances, through thin and thinner. Regardless of personal opinions and animosities and disagreements, he deserves a massive thanks and I for one hope he continues supporting the Yeds in this exciting new chapter of our history.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 9

This is terrific news and I'm sure it has been a long time in the making. This will I'm sure create a big buzz of excitement around the town and will hopefully attract some of the fans who have a drifted away for whatever reasons they had and make it a huge turnout against the "old Enemy" on Good Friday.  

I am not expecting any dramatic changes in the near future as I believe there will be a long term plan in place, and so there should be, I am just so pleased that we have some really great news to celebrate now.

On another important note I would like to take this opportunity to say a big, big thank you to Chris Hamilton for all his hard work and passion over the last 25 years in keeping professional Rugby League alive in the town. I know he's had his detractors but, I can honestly say that all my dealings with him over the years have been good ones. I wish him all the best for the future and hope we see him at the games cheering on his and our Oldham Roughyeds.

Edited by Tony Mac
  • Like 4

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill