Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

21 hours ago, Pie tries said:

This is great news for RL across G.M.

Couple of question -(apologies I’m late to this great news):

Is the ground now council owned?

Are the Football and rugby clubs true equal partners?

Just need something similar at the AJ Bell for Salford and the sport across GM has truly had a boost…

Thank you

To my knowledge I think boundary park is owned by the Rothwell family so that is Latics. I hope they stay in the right spirit of things. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Everything I've read suggests that the Rothwell family are very keen for Boundary Park to become an inclusive community stadium for the whole town which already points to the right spirit of things so I doubt there's any need to worry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Can anyone list the twelve Oldham-born players currently in Super League, mentioned on the website? Just out of interest. I can't. 

Ok, 4 players off the top of my head, Marc sneyd, Salford. Then Nathan mason, Olly Russell and Joe greenwood,all of Huddersfield.

Plus Josh thewliss,Warrington. Jordan turner, Cas.

So six so far.

Zach eckersley (Wigan) that's now 7.

Oh , and Kevin sinfields lad at Leeds. That's 8.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Ok, 4 players off the top of my head, Marc sneyd, Salford. Then Nathan mason, Olly Russell and Joe greenwood,all of Huddersfield.

Plus Josh thewliss,Warrington. Jordan turner, Cas.

So six so far.

Matty Lees at Saints.

• Like 1

Mike Ford knows the pathway to professional sport success...His attitude was single minded determination and practice practice practice...Then he would wander over from the rugby posts on Churchill playing fields and run rings round us on the Football field (Believe it or not...Its True).

He put the hard hours in back in the day. I`m delighted hes chosen to put some more in at Oldham RLFC!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Jamie_ said:

Oldham Athletic Fans Forum tonight – a question was asked about the ORLFC lease:

(PN –  Peter Norbury, a director)

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 20.38.01.png

At least the club can build with a certain degree of confidence. I really believe that with Fordy and co at the helm big things could happen at the club. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

But in both interviews he said “ the other five directors “. I know they alluded to a possible addition to the board but sounds like it is now a board of 6.

I picked up on that too. I'm not sure whether it was just a slip of the tongue and he was simply meaning all five directors or that he was implying there is now a sixth.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough 

15 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Great interviews on both BBC and Granada with Mike Ford last night. Came across really well. 
But in both interviews he said “ the other five directors “. I know they alluded to a possible addition to the board but sounds like it is now a board of 6.

Any ideas who it is?

I thought exactly the same

1 hour ago, sheddingswasus said:

Great interviews on both BBC and Granada with Mike Ford last night. Came across really well. 

Any ideas who it is?

At present the club is 100% owned by Mick Harrington with Fordy as a director. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

• Like 1

companies house just now

watersheddings rugby ltd.

1 officer michael james gilbert harrington.

qwnership of shares 75% gives the right to appoint and remove directors.

contact address XXXX

no mention of any other officrs/directors 

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
Removed address

Please don't post addresses here, thank you.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!