Barrow Match Thread

Batley Bob

And so we move onto a week tonight, yesterday was a very good run out for the lads, admiration to Wath Brow Hornets who never gave up, they gave Batley a lesson in how to vary the kick off, twice the kicked off flat and not too far and it went into touch without a Batley player touching it or at least to my eyes when Batley cottoned onto it they changed again back to high and length, there left winger was quick on attack.

Just looked and the Barrow match is available to purchase on line, but with being a season ticket holder I have not tried it.

16 hours ago, phildog said:

Numbers 10 and 12 as mentioned after Rog, they look worth a phone call to get down for a couple of training sessions, look at new blood.

Hi there isn't it no 12 that was honking up on the pitch.

Might I suggest you start a new topic called something like "One's to watch" and then cancel this out as it's crossing over and confusing. It's good your pointing out people. 

Nor Ben Kaye. This will be tough I'm afraid and will depend a lot on attitude, both ours and theirs. They've lost every game and losing can become a habit, heaven knows we've had that habit once or twice in the past!! Can we impose ourselves early without either of our seasoned first choice props? Can Jimmy and Ben exert more influence than Sammut? Should sneak a home win but don't be expecting an open flowing game from us, it'll come down to guile on their line and making chances count. On another point, if we already know Hirst isn't playing don't we now have another player to name as a 'possible' in the 21? All Linners' chat about getting the board out and about to fill #'s 1 and 2 or strengthen elsewhere, yet we've seen umpteen signings and loans this last week yet nobody for us. Behind the black ball again....

Edited by phildog

Yep it's a floodlight problem!!! There are no words, for once ,I'm lost for them. You couldn't write it. There have been missing lights/ bulbs since at least last season. Was up in BISSA room hour ago, Stanchion was up for cameras etc. Ey Dear. 

Edited by colinb

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

53 minutes ago, colinb said:

Yep it's a floodlight problem!!! There are no words, for once ,I'm lost for them. You couldn't write it. There have been missing lights/ bulbs since at least last season. Was up in BISSA room hour ago, Stanchion was up for cameras etc. Ey Dear. 

EMBARRASSING is a word you could have used !!

Get a grip Batley Management !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinb said:

It could be a bit of a financial loss for the following reasons:-

1. We will lose the usual Bar and Catering income generated by a home game !

2. I assume that we will not be get the Car Parking Income either .

3. Dewsbury will have to be paid a fee or take a cut of "the gate". Either way , we will be paying out money that would not be happening for a normal home league game !!

4. Some "speccies" will not bother going up to Dewsbury's stadium thus reducing the "gate" which was potentially under stress because of it being on TV .

Finances are very tight for everybody this season and these preventable incidents unnecessarily add to the burden !!

7 minutes ago, nineoil said:

It could be a bit of a financial loss for the following reasons:-

1. We will lose the usual Bar and Catering income generated by a home game !

2. I assume that we will not be get the Car Parking Income either .

3. Dewsbury will have to be paid a fee or take a cut of "the gate". Either way , we will be paying out money that would not be happening for a normal home league game !!

4. Some "speccies" will not bother going up to Dewsbury's stadium thus reducing the "gate" which was potentially under stress because of it being on TV .

Finances are very tight for everybody this season and these preventable incidents unnecessarily add to the burden !!

Ask Kevin I’m sure he’ll explain everything to yourself just don’t hide behind the keyboard it’s not worth it