Thurs 16th March : SL : Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos 20:00 Sky

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Would like to say working a late today was an example of my better decision making but it wasn't...

2 wins from 5 against 2 of the bottom 3. Captain leaving the club. Losing to the other side in the bottom 3 who haven't won all season. 

Not good.

It’s the RL God’s revenge for gatecrashing the Saints’ homecoming party! 😉

• Haha 2

It's the ref's fault, oh I best shut up.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Faithful1865 said:

Well done Cas. Not a classic but its 2 points for you and sod all for Rhinos. How on earth did they beat Sainta?

There was a clause in the contract.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

22 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

What does Sezer bring to the table ??

A lot of amusement to Huddersfield fans after the way he left us as he didn't want to play for a team near the bottom 😁

He couldn't be bothered putting the effort in more like, it appears not much has changed in his time at Leeds 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, meast said:

A lot of amusement to Huddersfield fans after the way he left us as he didn't want to play for a team near the bottom 😁

He couldn't be bothered putting the effort in more like, it appears not much has changed in his time at Leeds 😀

Strange you didn’t bring this up in the last two weeks 😉

Sezer was not the issue tonight

Think some of the commentary here is a bit grumpy, I enjoyed that a fair bit. 

But then I do wonder if I was watching a different game, because I didn't really agree with the Leeds pundit panel that Sky brought in for this game that Cas were clinging on and Leeds would step up. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

2 poor teams, Leeds should’ve won but they played that badly they handed it to Cas on a plate with that second half performance 

Surely this means Leeds shouldn't have won.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Think some of the commentary here is a bit grumpy, I enjoyed that a fair bit. 

But then I do wonder if I was watching a different game, because I didn't really agree with the Leeds pundit panel that Sky brought in for this game that Cas were clinging on and Leeds would step up. 

I wasn’t wowed by the skill factor most of the night, but it was close and tense enough to keep me happily typing away on here.

20 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:
22 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

Well done Cas. Not a classic but its 2 points for you and sod all for Rhinos. How on earth did they beat Sainta?

Expand  

It’s almost as if sides can play well one week and rubbish the next, like its sport or something.

With a lot of Loiners in the pub tonight and Yes, it seems less about a sporting outcome than a breakdown of the natural order of things. Tbf I see this in all sorts of places including WR.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

8 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I wasn’t wowed by the skill factor most of the night, but it was close and tense enough to keep me happily typing away on here.

Every game cannot be a classic fast running, free flowing and defence master piece of tactical prowess with a scorline close to the fiinal seconds.

At least it was a close fought game which kept you watching and didn't have extreme lengths of dullness that other rugby type ganes can offer.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Every game can be a classic fast running, free flowing defence master piece of tactical prowess with a scorline close to the fiinal seconds.

At least it was a close fought game which kept you watching and didn't have extreme lengths of dullness that other rugby type ganes can offer.

This is true.

Just now, LeytherRob said:

I think whoever won tonight could count themselves lucky as most of the league barring Wakefield would've beaten both teams tonight to be honest. Was pretty poor on both sides.

It was a shocking game of Rugby Cas were the better side and could only score one try more and if Olpherts hadn’t have bottled it they could have still lost.

Very poor all round, not that Cas will care

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It was a shocking game of Rugby Cas were the better side and could only score one try more and if Olpherts hadn’t have bottled it they could have still lost.

Very poor all round, not that Cas will care

Coming from the very opposite direction I feel embarrassed that Cas actually won and therefore I offer my  apologies on their behalf.

Right, about sporting contests......

• Like 1

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

The better side won in the end. ###### game yes but given where Cas were going into the game it’s not a shock they would be edgy. Leeds though are hugely over-hyped by some. Makinson doesn’t miss a sitter the lose that game against Saints. They’d have lost to anyone else but us last week as well. They won’t be anywhere near the top 6 come the end of the season.  

• Like 2