Fri 17th March : SL : St Helens v Hull FC 20:00 Sky

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

Discuss the SL game between St Helens and Hull FC here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Anyone know if inflatable items are allowed into the ground?

I'm thinking of taking a blow up sofa to hide behind.

• Haha 10

Think I picked the wrong week to give up alcohol! Effort in defence from FC a bear minimum from this game but suspect Saints will have too much quality and desire to put right a few wrongs from their side of things either way. 

Saints by 30+

• Haha 1

• ckn pinned this topic
5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Anyone know if inflatable items are allowed into the ground?

I'm thinking of taking a blow up sofa to hide behind.

Stay on the bus

Forget about us

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Sironen back for Saints, Hurrell and Matautia serving the second game of their suspensions and Hopoate needs “another week” according to Wellens. 

Still very early on but you don’t want to be eight points behind top after four games, so a win will be important for Saints to get back on the hunt for a home semi. 

Hull will want a reaction from them being Hull and turning out a decent performance followed by playing like they’ve been Space Jam’d, which they’ve done for about seven or eight years now. 

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Stay on the bus

Forget about us

Couldn’t think of where that came from…

…then it dawned on me…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a lot of people know this but Saints have had a terrible journey home from Australia, i don’t think it has been mentioned.

I will go for a draw, “SCRAP THE GOLDEN POINT FOR LEAGUE GAMES”

If “Ben im a utility player Davies” is playing i’ll go for FC by 16. 

• Haha 1

I voted for Saints they've got to come back at some point, haven't they?

I hope Hull make a real fist of this one though, they certainly have the squad to do the business anywhere.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It was noticeable that Tony Smith's Hull KR would give their best performances after 2 or 3 shockers so surely Hull will give a much better account this week.

Saints are paying the price for deciding to be on the other side of the world whilst everyone else started the Super League season. They won the WCC - all credit- but have paid the price by losing 2 games which they would have been expected to win. 

I'm sure Saints will be keen to end their losing streak but can they switch it back on just like that after getting into bad habits? Not sure.

Hull can only win this game if they have more enthusiasm on the day than St Helens but it's possible.

TBH I have no idea which way this game will go, a lot will depend on how both teams react to their last few weeks poor performances. Saints will get a boost to their pack this week with Sironen returning and having a fit Walmsley back (with Wellens now admitting he maybe shouldn't have played him against Leigh given he'd been ill all week and hadn't trained).

Interesting to see where Wellens goes with the backs given Bennison has had a few poor games on the wing and Davies was absolute garbage last week. I get the feeling he'll persevere with both of them even though I, like most Saints fans, would definately like to see changes

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

15 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tony Smith has to learn from the Leeds and Leigh defeats of Saints and get in their faces but his player's have to be prepared to put the effort in, can and will they do that, they owe it to their fans after the last two games.

If they do get in Saints faces it will be interesting how Saints react.......they have been out and out dirty so far this year and wonder if Wellens has asked them to reign it in

15 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

sorry you Hull guys, but I think you are in for a right royal pumping

I'm with you on this. I can see it being another 50+ defeat.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

26 minutes ago, jacksy said:

I'm with you on this. I can see it being another 50+ defeat.

If that is the case they all deserve their contracts ripping up, and they should accept that. I think it will confirm that there is obviously a clear lack of commitment and effort for the guys paying their wages, it is not as though these Hull  player's are novices that have just come up through the academy they are seasoned professionals FFS.

What do you Hull FC fans think, honest opinions please.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Couldn’t think of where that came from…

…then it dawned on me…

If you do stay on the bus you can get the driver to look for you, in case you couldn't bear to see what you might see.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.