Fri 17th March : SL : Warrington Wolves v Leigh Leopards 20:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leigh Leopards

38 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

I'm watching Leigh, although them last 10 mins are worrying if you are a wire fan. 👍

Not really, Leigh based their game plan on stopping wires pack but it was the small players who caused the damage. Last 10 game done lost a player so flattered leigh. 

43 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Not really, Leigh based their game plan on stopping wires pack but it was the small players who caused the damage. Last 10 game done lost a player so flattered leigh. 

No denying that. Wire should have won by 50. Clinical sides do that. 

Very good side this year Warrington. Plan B without Williams? 🤔 

• Like 1

Leigh missed to many one on ones early doors which resulted in Wire tries, but overall Wire proved to be to fast and to strong and in George William's he should have had a baton in his hand he was like the conductor of a very capable orchestra. I am not to dissapointed though many a team may have just rolled over at 30 points down but Leigh kept going and I actually thought that Wire defended very well in the last 20 just to concede just the 2 tries it could have been more, and would have been had Wire put the cue on the rack which they most certainly didn't, any one who thought that to be the case is delusional.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not unhappy with tonight , fair doo's Wire started on fire and meant we were chasing from the start , we kept at it , and didn't roll over like FC last week , managed to get hold of the ball late on and used it well once the pressure was off 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh missed to many one on ones early doors which resulted in Wire tries, but overall Wire proved to be to fast and to strong and in George William's he should have had a baton in his hand he was like the conductor of a very capable orchestra. I am not to dissapointed though many a team may have just rolled over at 30 points down but Leigh kept going and I actually thought that Wire defended very well in the last 20 just to concede just the 2 tries it could have been more, and would have been had Wire put the cue on the rack which they most certainly didn't, any one who thought that to be the case is delusional.

Leigh looked fit H to be honest. Fair play for playing the 80. 

The body language of some of the Wire players though them last mins though was questionable!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Leigh also had a player sin binned in the 2nd half. Obviously didn't affect the result, just thought I'd remind you about it.

6 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Fair point on Williams, I was impressed by drinkwater, his best performance and it was him, Williams, Dufty and Walker when he came on the smaller fast players who caused leigh problems. But leigh are a competive side this year and in Lamb they have a good half back. I would not be sur3if leigh got in the play offs. 

9 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

I’d say Drinkwater was by far the better of the two halfbacks last night, Dufty too had a much bigger impact on the match than he has so far this year.

23 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No not for me K'man, I still have my Cherry and White Hooped Retro jersey which will come out when the weather becomes more Clement.

Happy I didn't disappoint with the reply.

You did not disappoint,,,it was the reply I expected.  I knew you were no little dandy.

• Like 1

Wire were on fire to start with and Leigh couldn't deal with it. They competed better as the game went on. Wire are playing really well at the moment,the Salford game proved their character in coming from behind. The atmosphere at the Halliwell Jones was fantastic as always. The players were talking and mixing with the fans which was great to see in comparison to last season,great result and great feeling leaving the ground.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Said the man from the country where wearing animal fur ( real ) is quite normal ? 😉

What is wrong with wearing animal fur? Do you not use leather over there now in Leigh or is it all puffy frills and faux whatever all around?

19 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Wire were on fire to start with and Leigh couldn't deal with it. They competed better as the game went on. Wire are playing really well at the moment,the Salford game proved their character in coming from behind. The atmosphere at the Halliwell Jones was fantastic as always. The players were talking and mixing with the fans which was great to see in comparison to last season,great result and great feeling leaving the ground.

Should you not change your hame to moorside wireyed?🤔

Dominant performance from Warrington, and last 10 minutes aside, poor from Leigh. Allowed ourselves to be bullied and our attack was slow and disjointed in the main. The attack was probably summed up when failing to score when having 5 on 2 towards the end.

The one consolation was that after 60 minutes it looked like 60+ points would be racked up. But they managed to get their heads back on after losing them and keep it vaguely respectable 

• Like 1