18th/19th March : The Betfred Championship (None TV) Match thread

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

All which should be a warning to people who like a bet on Rugby League . You don`t know from one game to the next who will be playing , so keep the bets small , it`s a minefield out there .

For anyone who is anticipating placing anything other than a small bet on Championship RL with the modern bookmaking landscape, I admire their optimism!

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

4-10 mi-temps at Widnes, Olly AB off with a bad ankle injury. For once, the radio commentary isn't too partisan

Very close that one 12 - 14 , 3 tries each looks like Dixon left his kicking boots at home.

42 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Widnes should have won, just kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

Listening over 'tinterweb it sounded like no one wanted to win

9 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Listening over 'tinterweb it sounded like no one wanted to win

For seventy minutes it was a very close game, the bulk of it played between the two 20 metre lines. Both teams made a couple of breaks but neither put the other under sustained pressure. Widnes took the lead with about 9 minutes left and then the fun began. It started with Owens dropping a Toulouse clearing kick on the Widnes 40. Widnes kept them out but the set ends with a GLDO. Widnes keep them out again and clean up an attacking kick on their goal line. About 3 tackles later and on the Widnes 20 Ince loses the ball. A couple of tackles later Toulouse spill the ball but Widnes get penalised for what I suspect was a late tackle, Craven gets sin binned. Toulouse decide to run the penalty and end up diving in at the corner a couple of plays later. Widnes still have a late opportunity to win the game but with what looks like an overlap outside him Fozzard goes himself and gets tackled. Toulouse looked very happy at the hooter. Not being familiar with the Toulouse team anyone know if this was a strong/weak side.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

4 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Not being familiar with the Toulouse team anyone know if this was a strong/weak side.

It is the only team TO have...only missing Sita and Dom.  Still relying on Elite players otherwise they would be really struggling.

Thanks for the description, I lost the commentary 3 minutes from the end which didn't help my blood pressure. 

I will give an update on OAB when I have something but it will probably be mid week after a scan. I guess Robin Brochon will be playing full back for a few weeks now. 

8 minutes ago, kiggy said:

It is the only team TO have...only missing Sita and Dom.  Still relying on Elite players otherwise they would be really struggling.

Thanks for the description, I lost the commentary 3 minutes from the end which didn't help my blood pressure. 

I will give an update on OAB when I have something but it will probably be mid week after a scan. I guess Robin Brochon will be playing full back for a few weeks now. 

Also missing Calum Gahan 

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Also missing stephani , lima and callum. Loosing OAB early and lattrell for the second half. 

6 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Also missing Calum Gahan 

I sort of don't include him as he never started the season. We've not seen him play yet so I don't know if missing him is good or bad. I am looking forward to when he's fit though

7 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

Also missing stephani , lima and callum. Loosing OAB early and lattrell for the second half. 

Hopefully 2 of those back for Sheffield next week

23 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I sort of don't include him as he never started the season. We've not seen him play yet so I don't know if missing him is good or bad. I am looking forward to when he's fit though

I think Calum will give them a different option at hooker.

Benjamin Laguerre is also missing. Any news on when he's gonna return?

Edited by The Daddy

16 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I think Calum will give them a different option at hooker.

Benjamin Laguerre is also missing. Any news on when he's gonna return?

3 months post op is normal, he didn't get the Op till 3 weeks after a decision was made so maybe begining of June. He is young though which is always a help. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Forgot to mention, Ollie Ashall Bott looks like he suffered a nasty knee injury.

Yes, didn't look good at all. He still has his house in Widnes doesn't he?

14 hours ago, JonM said:

Yes, didn't look good at all. He still has his house in Widnes doesn't he?

Possible ACL, which he has done twice before, both on the same pitch.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, kiggy said:

Possible ACL, which he has done twice before, both on the same pitch.

Are you sure on that one? He did his MCL in 2018 with Widnes at Salford on a grass pitch. I have vague memories of him doing his ACL with the academy but not sure whether it was on that pitch or not. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 15/03/2023 at 13:52, Barley Mow said:

Newcastle Thunder v London Broncos

Widnes Vikings v Toulouse

Bradford Bulls v Sheffield Eagles 

Halifax Panthers v Keighley Cougars

Swinton Lions v Featherstone Rovers

York City Knights v Whitehaven - Draw

Damn it, if York had kicked for goal with a minute left and got a draw rather than trying to win it, I'd have been right with all of these and the league 1 matches