18th/19th March : The Betfred Championship (None TV) Match thread

1 minute ago, hindle xiii said:

Can someone enlighten me why 5 subs are listed?

It could be an error on the BBC website or something I've missed.

I could do my own homework but... meh.

4 subs plus the 18th man. If a team loses 3 players due to HIAs then the 18th man can be used as a substitute.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Are you sure on that one? He did his MCL in 2018 with Widnes at Salford on a grass pitch. I have vague memories of him doing his ACL with the academy but not sure whether it was on that pitch or not. 

Just going on what no1 son relayed. ACL, PCL or MCL we will know for sure next week after a scan. 

The Bulls scoreline is a bit deceptive. Sheffield had the better possession and position in most of the second half, when Butler and Flanagan were off the field.

Ebon Scurr had a really good game on his comeback.

Keighley derby next week.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Bulls impressive start to the season continues following a good win against a tough Eagles side. Hardest run of fixtures of any side in the league and currently sitting joint 3rd. 

Just checked all the websites for the table, all say Bradford in 4th.

5 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

Can someone enlighten me why 5 subs are listed?

It could be an error on the BBC website or something I've missed.

Plenty of errors on the BBC website. The jersey numbers are pure fantasy in some cases. I've no idea how they can come up with so many errors.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

16 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Bulls impressive start to the season continues following a good win against a tough Eagles side. Hardest run of fixtures of any side in the league and currently sitting joint 3rd. 

Like a carbon copy of last season this, Bradford decent start and the hype building, do you reckon their season will fall apart again after their easter game against a Fax team that was written off just a couple of weeks back? 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Derwent said:

4 subs plus the 18th man. If a team loses 3 players due to HIAs then the 18th man can be used as a substitute.

Used for the first time yesterday D by  HKR Three head injuries to Dean Hadley, Jordan Abdull and Frankie Halton – with all three failing their Head Injury Assessments – meant that the 18th man, Will Dagger, came on

Three decent tries for Whitehaven against York. Daniel Spencer-Tonks could well have been a top SL player if he hadn't taken steroids and got a 4 year ban at a key point in his career.

21 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Like a carbon copy of last season this, Bradford decent start and the hype building, do you reckon their season will fall apart again after their easter game against a Fax team that was written off just a couple of weeks back? 😆

Obsessed - We started pretty horrendously last year including losses to Sheffield and Barrow before we got to Fax and we hadn't played any of the top 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, kiggy said:

Just going on what no1 son relayed. ACL, PCL or MCL we will know for sure next week after a scan. 

Very bad luck for him, watching the video a couple of Widnes players near the incident as well as a couple of Toulouse players immediately put their hands up for the trainers which does make you worry that they heard the tell-tale "popping" sound. Let's hope not.

Watching Toulouse's version of the highlights, Widnes will be rueing a huge missed opportunity near the end when Matty Fozzard dummied and was immediately wrapped up when it looked like he had a 3-on-1 overlap and an easy try available.

Elsewhere Fev were workmanlike in winning at Swinton, another string of knock-ons in the first half stopped Fev getting any real momentum and at 16-6 Swinton were still in it at half time. Swinton barely managed to get out of their own half in the second half however and in the end it was straightforward for Fev despite still looking fairly subdued with ball in hand.

Good comp the Championship this year, though so far in my view it lacks the quality at the top of the last few years, that does mean most games are not that easy to predict as we saw with Whitehaven's win at York.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Very bad luck for him, watching the video a couple of Widnes players near the incident as well as a couple of Toulouse players immediately put their hands up for the trainers which does make you worry that they heard the tell-tale "popping" sound. Let's hope not.

Watching Toulouse's version of the highlights, Widnes will be rueing a huge missed opportunity near the end when Matty Fozzard dummied and was immediately wrapped up when it looked like he had a 3-on-1 overlap and an easy try available.

Said after the game that Widnes threw it away. Watching that back Toulouse have already dropped the ball before Craven puts in the late hit and gets himself sin binned. Madness!!!

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

10 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Said after the game that Widnes threw it away. Watching that back Toulouse have already dropped the ball before Craven puts in the late hit and gets himself sin binned. Madness!!!

I lost the radio commentary just at the moment a few minutes from the end when TO gifted Widnes the ball back 5m out. I expected the result to have been a Widnes win when I got 'tinternet back

12 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I lost the radio commentary just at the moment a few minutes from the end when TO gifted Widnes the ball back 5m out. I expected the result to have been a Widnes win when I got 'tinternet back

Watching the last eight minutes was tough, must have been murder listening to it.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.