Sat 18th/Sun 19th : Betfred League 1 (None TV) Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 (None TV) games here.

Sat 18th March

London Skolars v Hunslet 15:00

Sun 19th March

Doncaster RLFC v North Wales Crusaders 15:00

Midlands Hurricanes v Rochdale Hornets 15:00

West Wales Raiders v Cornwall (Cancelled)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• ckn pinned this topic
7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 (None TV) games here.

Sat 18th March

London Skolars v Hunslet 15:00

Sun 19th March

Doncaster RLFC v North Wales Crusaders 15:00

Midlands Hurricanes v Rochdale Hornets 15:00

West Wales Raiders v Cornwall (Cancelled)

London Skolars 6-34 Hunslet

Doncaster 20-18 North Wales Crusaders

Midlands Hurricanes 18-36 Rochdale

Hunslet by 16
Doncaster by 6
Rochdale by 8

Dewsbury by 10 in the TV game

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 17/03/2023 at 10:54, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Going to Skolars for this one. Given early results I'd accept just a decent defensive effort. Going to be really rainy so that might be some kind of leveller 

Gloriously sunny in the end (second half at least) and Skolars more or less deserved to win the second half 😉

Need a bit more control in the halves though the kicking was good ....Crossley stil has a very good carry and offload...way too much for Skolar's middles at times 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Gloriously sunny in the end (second half at least) and Skolars more or less deserved to win the second half 😉

Need a bit more control in the halves though the kicking was good ....Crossley stil has a very good carry and offload...way too much for Skolar's middles at times 

I wondered about this one. I rate Hunslet and think the bookies having them 3rd is right.  How did Hunslet's backs go?

2 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

I wondered about this one. I rate Hunslet and think the bookies having them 3rd is right.  How did Hunslet's backs go?

Difficult to judge as a lot of the tries were by outside backs after Skolar's fell off tackles or in some cases just walking through gaps ....second half was a better test and still Hunslet's backs made line breaks.....they looked good overall 

• Like 1

Off to the Hurricanes for the first time this afternoon with my Dad and brother. Will be interesting to see what the set up, attendance and atmosphere are like, as well as the game itself of course

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChrisH said:

Off to the Hurricanes for the first time this afternoon with my Dad and brother. Will be interesting to see what the set up, attendance and atmosphere are like, as well as the game itself of course

Will be my first visit after Covid prevented me from going to the Cornwall game. 

Not sure what to expect from this place. I used to enjoy wandering freely around the pitch at Portway following the action. Thing to remember with the warm-up bit of the Alex is that it isn't designed for spectators and so everything has to be set up by the club. Hopefully visitors will appreciate this and cut us some slack.

• Like 2

A good few games in now and given the scorelines to date I will be surprised if Dewsbury fail to win the title. They are leading the way and appear to be on course to mirror what Keighley did last season. 

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

13 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

A good few games in now and given the scorelines to date I will be surprised if Dewsbury fail to win the title. They are leading the way and appear to be on course to mirror what Keighley did last season. 

Donny just have to keep winning.