Widnes challenge cup 4th round.

graham fisher

Great draw at this stage as far as I am concerned. Personally under no illusions how difficult this tie could prove to be. Widnes are a great club with a fantastic past tradition with IMO a character of an head coach. We are a young fit cohesive group of players who are bonding well under good guidance and leadership from LF and his staff. Home soil game on. Win, lose or draw hoping for a great crowd and this in the main young group of players to have a right good go. 

• Like 4

I listened to the Widnes-Toulouse match on Radio Merseyside and at half time one commentator said to his colleague, on hearing the London Broncos score, suggested that was the team Widnes were to play in the 5th round of the CC!

Really? I feel sure they haven’t played their 4th round match yet have they? Those commentators must also have forgotten that Doncaster stand in the way of the Broncos first?

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

No date announced for this as yet. Could there be any sensible reason for it being on the 1st?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It's not a sensible reason ....... but for selfish reasons I hope it is the 1st ..... 'cos I can't make it on the 2nd 😒

In the past we've gone with Friday nights on occasion (Bradford & Wigan spring to mind) so that might be an option under consideration.

A Friday or Saturday game WOULD give us more preparation time before the important Hunslet game on the Good Friday .....

Hoping the South Stand will be opened for this and the club will try and drag a few more punters and local amateur clubs along like we did when we played Widnes on the TV last season. If we put out our strongest side and give them a run for our money, it may even entice a few people to come back again.

• Like 2

Personally just seen that this tie is to be screened on The Sportsman channel. Anyone know if the club(s) receive a broadcasting fee? Asking because the attendance figure is likely to be affected. Don’t get me wrong personally it came in handy for me this week as I could not travel to Workington.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Personally just seen that this tie is to be screened on The Sportsman channel. Anyone know if the club(s) receive a broadcasting fee? Asking because the attendance figure is likely to be affected. Don’t get me wrong personally it came in handy for me this week as I could not travel to Workington.

They don’t get a fee,same with Via Play who screen the championship games.

• Like 1

Bit of interesting news

Widnes are facing a half-back shortage after Danny Craven was handed a one-match ban by the RFL disciplinary panel.

Craven was sin-binned in the dying stages of the Vikings’ 14-12 defeat to Toulouse at the weekend for a late tackle on Robin Brochon.

Toulouse went on to score the decisive try of the match while Craven was on the sidelines, and he will now have to sit out their Challenge Cup game against Dewsbury on Sunday week.

2 hours ago, horbury ram said:

Bit of interesting news

Widnes are facing a half-back shortage after Danny Craven was handed a one-match ban by the RFL disciplinary panel.

Craven was sin-binned in the dying stages of the Vikings’ 14-12 defeat to Toulouse at the weekend for a late tackle on Robin Brochon.

Toulouse went on to score the decisive try of the match while Craven was on the sidelines, and he will now have to sit out their Challenge Cup game against Dewsbury on Sunday week.

First bit of good news👍👍👍👍

23 hours ago, horbury ram said:

Bit of interesting news

It could make all the difference!

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.