Knights v Eagles cup tie.

spanishknight

5 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Correct.

Thought so. Eminently winnable....and then within sight of a shot at some silverware. And after the guts and graft on display today, why the hell not!?

Edited by JonT
  • Like 2

Plenty of character shown out there today, just like the York we love, yet again some unusual decisions, both ways I hasten to add, by the officials, not so sure Kirmo deserved the red card, will be interesting to see the video of it though. What’s gone wrong with Glovers kicking ? He can usually kick goals for fun from anywhere,  probably even the M & S car park! Must have had some new boots on.

Friday night should be a cracker especially if we have some more of the squad available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

Ruddy Mildred. That was squeaky bum time.Well done to all especially the young lads on the field. Hull kr at home would be my choice in the next round

Next round already drawn. Newcastle at home for today's winners. Super League clubs not in the draw until the round after next.

Superb effort from a mix-and-match team. What a great signing Bailey is and seeing various young ladies greeting him at the end of the match, the lad is clearly doing his bit to get more fans down to games. Hope he’s on commission. Can only assume Taii and Michael weren’t fully fit given the few minutes they has on the pitch? Red card seemed very harsh and, as others have said, looked like a trip on Marsh after a great Thompson break (he looked back to his best today and that made a big difference) to. Hope we get more bodies back for Friday. Well done all. 

• Like 4

What a fabulous performance today only spoiled by the man in in the middle,kirkmond red card was never a red and should have been ten in the bin a at the most again Bailey was excellent,but would give the team so much more if played on the fringes and nice of Hendo to acknowledge the backing it got from the supporters today but wish more of them would come and join us in getting behind the team.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Superb effort from a mix-and-match team. What a great signing Bailey is and seeing various young ladies greeting him at the end of the match, the lad is clearly doing his bit to get more fans down to games. Hope he’s on commission. Can only assume Taii and Michael weren’t fully fit given the few minutes they has on the pitch? Red card seemed very harsh and, as others have said, looked like a trip on Marsh after a great Thompson break (he looked back to his best today and that made a big difference) to. Hope we get more bodies back for Friday. Well done all. 

Was definitely a trip on Marsh wish Taii would run with his size and thought our three quarters were excellent today against a decent Sheffield back line.

41 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

Next round already drawn. Newcastle at home for today's winners. Super League clubs not in the draw until the round after next.

Why bother entering, why don't they just put highest 4 SL clubs straight into semi finals . Made a joke of the competition and they wonder why they can't fill Wembley Stadium.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Puk said:

Was definitely a trip on Marsh wish Taii would run with his size and thought our three quarters were excellent today against a decent Sheffield back line.

Any idea around what time the trip was? I’ve watched the entire second half on BBC iPlayer and haven’t spotted it, yet during the game I noticed the potential trip.

3 hours ago, JonT said:

Thought so. Eminently winnable....and then within sight of a shot at some silverware. And after the guts and graft on display today, why the hell not!?

Shot at silverware 🤔

As long as you avoid🤔

Dewsbury Rams 🤔🤣😘😘

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Any idea around what time the trip was? I’ve watched the entire second half on BBC iPlayer and haven’t spotted it, yet during the game I noticed the potential trip.

Just after red card

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Bailey has been a tremendous signing for us, he is a machine and still learning, I can see a big future for him if he continues like he is. The two loanees did well I thought too, especially as both of them are only kids. Things are starting to look up on the injury front too, should have more bodies back next week, then we need to keep a stable 17 for a few weeks, we might build some momentum then. 

• Like 7

Enthusiasm and effort won that today plus some very good coaching, A special mention to A J towse and Myles Harrison who are now showing the faith placed in them over the last couple of years , the young loan signings are also doing a great job, that was back to a normal York performance let's carry that on in both the league and cup and with a few more casualties returning soon my glass is half full again .

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Red card report was 'Illegal contact to the head'.

Not entirely convinced the trip on Matty was intentional and Matty didn't react as though it was.

Having said that the amount of clear headshots allowed to go unpunished was quite shocking!  There were at least four on Bailey alone. I'm not saying they were intentional as I don't think the Eagles are that type of side but someone should take Mr Vella aside and show him the difference between shoulder/chest and head! With two different sides he would have been in the middle of a war!

What a display by Jordy Tommo - he was everywhere! We were down to twelve but he worked hard enough for three players.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Expatknight said:
  • latest Skybet odds for 1895 cup ( for what it’s worth )
    York City Knights 5/2 
    Halifax Panthers 3/1 
    Bradford Bulls 4/1 
    Batley Bulldogs 5/1 
    Keighley Cougars 7/1 
    Dewsbury Rams 12/1 
    London Broncos 12/1  In Bet Slip
    Newcastle Thunder 50/1 
  1. Rugby League
  2. 1895 Cup 2023

New name on the 1895 trophy this year , Panthers v Bulls will take out one of the big hitters so we could get lucky and have another trip to Wembley.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, andyacko said:

Red card report was 'Illegal contact to the head'.

Not entirely convinced the trip on Matty was intentional and Matty didn't react as though it was.

Having said that the amount of clear headshots allowed to go unpunished was quite shocking!  There were at least four on Bailey alone. I'm not saying they were intentional as I don't think the Eagles are that type of side but someone should take Mr Vella aside and show him the difference between shoulder/chest and head! With two different sides he would have been in the middle of a war!

What a display by Jordy Tommo - he was everywhere! We were down to twelve but he worked hard enough for three players.

Agreed, it baffles me how Liam got mom on RL website? Why was he even in the running. Tommo, bailey and Fitzsimmons all had massive games imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nige Arro said:

Agreed, it baffles me how Liam got mom on RL website? Why was he even in the running. Tommo, bailey and Fitzsimmons all had massive games imo.

Never have taken much notice of M O M award, it was a great team performance Sunday.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DEANO said:

I see city’s attendance was given out on 83 mins tonight 

Happens every home game , approximately 10 mins before full time , try speaking to our governors, oh it's being addressed or will publish when confirmed , total bull,  time the club valued the speccies and showed some respect.

• Like 1

correct me if I am wrong but aren't the gate numbers provided by the stadium management company? this company is to all intents and purposes YCFC and nothing to do with the Knights, in an ideal world one would hope that such info would be equally availble to both clubs but.......... 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well "Fandom" is pillar 1 of the IMG, with "Performance" pillar 2. There's 25% allocated to each pillar. So there's that.

But I still don't get why there is such a fascination from an individual fan. I get it if you are at Odsal in 1954 but why is Joe Knight bothered how many others were at the same game as him?

On the other matter, well, I can obviously see why you might want to keep your attendance under the radar if IMG are gonna judge you on it....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, andyacko said:

But I still don't get why there is such a fascination from an individual fan. I get it if you are at Odsal in 1954 but why is Joe Knight bothered how many others were at the same game as him?

On the other matter, well, I can obviously see why you might want to keep your attendance under the radar if IMG are gonna judge you on it....

I do think fans tend to see it as part of how well their club is going, though the announced attendance these days at a lot of clubs seems to include season ticket holders whether they are present or not, which kind of negates from the interest a little.

• Like 1