Dewsbury

IanMac

Watched the game on Sportsman I had the benefit of seeing replays. Town should have had a try as the ball was on the line but unfortunately the ref was unsure so he looked to his touch judge who must have been the same as it wasn’t given. As for the appeals for a knock on which led to a try for us,for me the Workington player ripped the ball out,my opinion of course. I honestly thought the referee got most of the calls right,I was a bit baffled by his six again calls against us though,did we do anything different to you? 

• Like 1

I think today's ref Brad is a very good referee who should be in super league before the end of the season. I also think he shouldn't be asked to referee Workington games in future as it puts him in a bad situation, he obviously tries to show he isnt biased towards us by giving us feck all. His performance in the first half was as bad as i have ever seen from a referee and i watch lot of amateur rugby league 

Dewsbury looked like a very good team today and deserved their win, seeing them in the bar after the game they all looked like big lads who will take some stopping 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I think today's ref Brad is a very good referee who should be in super league before the end of the season. I also think he shouldn't be asked to referee Workington games in future as it puts him in a bad situation, he obviously tries to show he isnt biased towards us by giving us feck all. His performance in the first half was as bad as i have ever seen from a referee and i watch lot of amateur rugby league 

Dewsbury looked like a very good team today and deserved their win, seeing them in the bar after the game they all looked like big lads who will take some stopping 

At the end of the day the bigger forwards and the vast experience in the team showed and won the game today for the rams, Town are rebuilding and to me are going well,  Jordan Burns worked his socks off,  and definitely missed Marwood today, but feel we are on the right track.

• Like 4

I've no recollection of Davies or Whitley playing for Town?

As Whitely said afterwards "We were never really troubled at any time"

Agree Bickerdike looks more threatening at centre whats happened to the 2 other wingers we have? Thought Max Moore looked good there

1 hour ago, DocH said:

I've no recollection of Davies or Whitley playing for Town?

Davies was here last season ! 

Whiteley spent 2 seasons here when Phil Veivers was coach.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

10 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

You put a laughing emoji on my post then post that overreacting drivel 

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

Davies was here last season ! 

Whiteley spent 2 seasons here when Phil Veivers was coach.

Whiteley was good going forward for us, defensively struggled though which was always his problem. But he`s very good with the ball, as we saw yesterday.

• Like 3

To start with we were beaten by the better Team, who made yards too easily right from the off . The ref i thought generally was o.k. apart from missing a huge knock on which lead to Dewsburys try in the corner late on .He must have somehow decided it went back as he didn`t wipe the tackles back to 6 which would have meant we ripped it out , huge error .The diving "try " in the first half was nowhere near , and our try under the sticks was plain as day , on both occasions the linesman was to blame .So instead of being 12-0 down , it should have been 8-6 , different game all together .We seemed to go better when our 2 big lads came off the bench , but our starting 13 looked a bit light .Don`t forget though the pack was missing 2 players with a bit of size and go forward in Curwen and Steele .Agree with other posters with the fact our last plays are poor , and our right edge looks blunt , both in attack and defence .But this is a season of learning and moving forward so not too disappointed and would rather have a Team of locals giving their all than what we had to watch last year UTT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Not making excuses for a poor performance but we're in the early stages of rebuilding whereas of the ones i know for them Whiteley, Sykes, Turner, Garside and Ferguson have all played in successful Championship sides for years. 

Exactly. Its a rebuilding phase.  Disappointing yes but let's keep it real. Don't want to be going anywhere near the championship until they're ready for it. We all know what happened last season. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

It was a try as I posted earlier grounded on the line but the official were unsightly.

If we had scored then momentum could have changed. Perry Whitely ex town was the difference but our big forwards will be good for us.

He had combed his hair, had a shave and put a clean shirt on - this is a totally unjustified criticism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe our result against Dewsbury wasn’t too bad after all. Watching them against Widnes in the cup on The Sportsman and they are beating Widnes 24-12 with 15 mins left.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

23 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Maybe our result against Dewsbury wasn’t too bad after all. Watching them against Widnes in the cup on The Sportsman and they are beating Widnes 24-12 with 15 mins left.

They're a championship team in league 1, should walk the league this season.