Tyler Dupree planning for the future

Looked like a Super League player from the moment I saw him for Widnes, just a shame we didn't even get a full season before he got his move. Obviously it was the correct move for him mind. 

• Like 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

38 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Looked like a Super League player from the moment I saw him for Widnes, just a shame we didn't even get a full season before he got his move. Obviously it was the correct move for him mind. 

Yeah but he wants to be a teacher!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

I watched him play outstandingly for us at Oldham and predicted an incredibly bright future for the lad. How wrong can you get?

I've been a teacher for 42 years and I can't just sit by and watch him throw his future away like that. Tyler - phone me. Helplines are available!

Quite right, the only reason I'm glad I was a teacher is that it's how I met the wife I doubt we'd  have crossed each other's paths if I'd become my other ambition, a chef.

On 19/03/2023 at 08:45, Oxford said:

Good luck to him on this, though why anyone would want to be a teacher is beyond me.

I could not think of a worse job lol. 

I did get my PGCE and tried teaching for a year

Its was dreadful

Or maybe i was dreadful lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The storm said:

Its was dreadful

There are two things I noticed the fact you self reflected good sign for a teacher and a largely extinct idea for a lot of teachers.

Then there was PGCE a laughably useless and woefully inadequate course that was described as unfit for purpose decades ago and yet continues to be the most important central model of government thinking and policy. For both the Government and opposition. And yet Ofsted have made no comment on this, I wonder why that is?

So your success in teaching would've been mostly determined before you even started.

Edited by Oxford

Delighted that Tyler is doing so well after not having an easy start to his pro career. Used to train in the gym I use in ‘Fax and he’s a pleasant bloke, always up for a quick chat. He’s also very strong - there’s not many that can handle the weights he uses. And there are some big lads in that gym. Hope he continues on upwards. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Delighted that Tyler is doing so well after not having an easy start to his pro career. Used to train in the gym I use in ‘Fax and he’s a pleasant bloke, always up for a quick chat. He’s also very strong - there’s not many that can handle the weights he uses. And there are some big lads in that gym. Hope he continues on upwards. 

It's amazing how some players seem so affable and aproachable and yet end up wanting to be teachers.

• Like 2

On 19/03/2023 at 19:03, shrewsbury roughyed said:

I watched him play outstandingly for us at Oldham and predicted an incredibly bright future for the lad. How wrong can you get?

I've been a teacher for 42 years and I can't just sit by and watch him throw his future away like that. Tyler - phone me. Helplines are available!

Did 20 years at the chalkboard misself. Hardest thing I've ever done. Worked days and neets on shifts for years before I thought I'd give teaching a go. Don't do it, Tyler 😘

On 19/03/2023 at 15:45, Oxford said:

Good luck to him on this, though why anyone would want to be a teacher is beyond me.

On 20/03/2023 at 02:03, shrewsbury roughyed said:

16 hours ago, The storm said:

Its was dreadful

5 hours ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Did 20 years at the chalkboard misself. Hardest thing I've ever done. Worked days and neets on shifts for years before I thought I'd give teaching a go. Don't do it, Tyler 😘

My eldest grandson is a teacher and he loves it.

If your not tough mentally teaching is not for you. Kids pick up on weakness from teachers. Tyler will be fine

Just now, The Future is League said:

My eldest grandson is a teacher and he loves it.

If your not tough mentally teaching is not for you. Kids pick up on weakness from teachers. Tyler will be fine

There is no reason why any person shouldn't love it but that doesn't mean we should recommend it to anyone. After all we all have a duty of care.

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Some of my grandsons mates have followed him into teaching

Lemmings! The Madness of Crowds!

Edited by Oxford
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Retire early with a good pension. Smart i would have thought with the amount of firms who don't have or want pension schemes nowadays

It's only a good pension because it appears so compared with the state one and the actions of companies are simply part of a policy making people poorer which is why the UK has had such a catastrophic wage stagnation since 2008.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oxford said:

It's only a good pension because it appears so compared with the state one and the actions of companies are simply part of a policy making people poorer which is why the UK has had such a catastrophic wage stagnation since 2008.

A lot of employers want people self employed nowadays so they don't have to contribute into a pension or pay sick pay or holiday pay.

Would you rather be employed with a company that pays into a pension fun, has paid holidays and pays sick money, or take  a chance going self employed? 

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Would you rather be employed with a company that pays into a pension fun, has paid holidays and pays sick money, or take  a chance going self employed? 

The choice is often stark rather than something sorted so everyone gets a good pension. I don't know where the UK stands in the league of decent state pensions but I'd only be surprised if they were first. Women in particular suffer both from their full contributions side and when they've had time off work at any point. Once again the french endlessly point the way by providing pensions that include having had children etc. Mind you the french point the way by getting out on the street when their government's wrong whereas brits say thank you can you make me live on less please?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Oxford said:

The choice is often stark rather than something sorted so everyone gets a good pension. I don't know where the UK stands in the league of decent state pensions but I'd only be surprised if they were first. Women in particular suffer both from their full contributions side and when they've had time off work at any point. Once again the french endlessly point the way by providing pensions that include having had children etc. Mind you the french point the way by getting out on the street when their government's wrong whereas brits say thank you can you make me live on less please?

Sorry called away but Teacher pensions are not bad, have been messed around by changes, are not what they were but do prevent teachers living in poverty.

• Like 1