Halifax

Mr Hicks

Never expected to go over there and best Halifax. When I looked at the starting 13 it dawned on me that 10 of the 13 were last years players so if you include Storey from Doncaster we started with more or less a Championship 1 side. Strong bench but until we can field our strongest side we will struggle every week.

Once again 30+ points conceded. No team in any division can win games with defence like that. I so hope we beat Bradford not just because of the rivalry but we have to win our home games and pick up a few wins on the road.

Always a difficult place to go and get a result. I think your right that we do not have the strength in depth necessary for this level. That is probably the reason why have decided to duel-reg. Discipline and our goal line defence seem to be the key areas for improvement. We badly need Chisolm back - not sure of his injury!.

Anyway bring on the bulls.

11 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

Never expected to go over there and best Halifax. When I looked at the starting 13 it dawned on me that 10 of the 13 were last years players so if you include Storey from Doncaster we started with more or less a Championship 1 side. Strong bench but until we can field our strongest side we will struggle every week.

Once again 30+ points conceded. No team in any division can win games with defence like that. I so hope we beat Bradford not just because of the rivalry but we have to win our home games and pick up a few wins on the road.

I thought the team selection may have been based around the fact that Halifax had been involved in an energy sapping Challenge Cup game at Featherstone. 

It may also reflect that the League 1 players,having more time to understand 'the process' are more accustomed to it.

The Director of Rugby ran off to York and we were left with a small,injury -riddled squad.Luke Gale only arrived in December. 

I was not in the slightest impressed with the less than required pitch markings or less than required enhancement of the 40 metres lines.

I did like the look of Halifax.If Mr Rush isn't seen for the remainder of the season;I won't object.

Rhys stated he had been involved for a long time over the dual reg agreement. 

Strange time to announce it - when the Hull KR lot are in France.

No comments from any of the Hull KR coaching staff.Just from the CEO! He doesn't like the reserve team arrangements.

I struggle to see how they will be training to learn 'the process'.

I worry about how Phoenix LT played for us - before quickly being signed for KR.

I worry about the agent for Luke Gale and his close association with KR.

Being in the shop window was how we lost a staff member, very quickly,last year.

I hope to be feeling more optimistic in the coming weeks.I may start to save up for Wembley to keep confidence high.

It was yet another half back pairing.Two,new,threequarter pairings.Changes in the pack.

Still early in the season,though. 

Hull KR are following us.We take the lead on injuries.We announce the arrangement. They sustain 4 head injuries in France.

We'll have a good news day.One day.I shall endeavour to be the one to announce it.

Keep the faith.Trust The Process.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, BD20Cougar said:

Strongly implied by Rhys in his post Halifax interview that Chisholm will be back this weekend. Head injury protocol has been keeping him out.

Thats good news. We did lack that cutting edge on Sunday.

Keighley looked o.k. and shouldn't have any problems staying in this division. It's a pity you are going down the DR route as I like your club's stance on't IMG farce. I was surprised how few supporters you brought over, I expected a lot more to travel. All the best though for the rest of the season, especially against the bullies. 😀 Looking forward to coming over to your place later in't season. 👍💙 🤍👍.

On 20/03/2023 at 17:39, Ovenden Grunt said:

Keighley looked o.k. and shouldn't have any problems staying in this division. It's a pity you are going down the DR route as I like your club's stance on't IMG farce. I was surprised how few supporters you brought over, I expected a lot more to travel. All the best though for the rest of the season, especially against the bullies. 😀 Looking forward to coming over to your place later in't season. 👍💙 🤍👍.

Thank you. Big big game on Sunday.

I am Personally a quite pleasd with how the season has gone so far. I think we have seen a steady improvement.

We do need to start seeing some wins or the pressure will start to mount.

I don't like duel-reg but at this moment it probably is needed. We have a small squad and many of our squad players haven't much Championship experience.

Not sure how much support came over the hill but there looked to be plenty where I was stood (Always room for more though)

Look forward to playing you at CP.

• Like 1