Whitehaven (A) round 7 - 26th march

Keep The Faith

So we are on our travels this weekend to sunny Cumbria - Whitehaven will be on their high horse after a wonderful result last weekend vs York but so will we after last nights result against Barrow hopefully we recover well 

hopefully a few Batley fans travel up, Still room on the Away travel coach I’ve heard… 

Hopefully return with the two points 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

So we are on our travels this weekend to sunny Cumbria - Whitehaven will be on their high horse after a wonderful result last weekend vs York but so will we after last nights result against Barrow hopefully we recover well 

hopefully a few Batley fans travel up, Still room on the Away travel coach I’ve heard… 

Hopefully return with the two points 

But are you hopeful?

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I see they are desperately trying to raise some cash to make them sustainable/get through to the end of the season.

Share Scheme :: Whitehaven RLFC

I can't see folk buying shares in their own club without seeing a prospectus, can you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Having tackled Barrow out of the game for 75 minutes and I'd say that despite being bottom they're a better side than that, so I think we're in a good place to win it. 36-16. It would be a sad day for Cumbria if both Barrow and Whitehaven went down and Workington failed in Div1.

Edited by phildog
Spelling

Think I'm driving over, doesn't make sense to come 50 miles down to get the bus. Where's a meeting point for fans and are tickets open as in stand wherever? 

Edited by phildog
Omission

After talking to a Whitehaven fan once in you can stand anywhere, but if the weather is duff he recommends using the Kells end nearest the town opposite the railway end.

A bit of a grind throughout.  Generally solid but made mistakes which kept bringing them into the game. A prime example was at the end when we had the ball when the hooter went, but ended up defending a man down. 

Thought Woods made a difference to our kicking when he came on.

Still, a really important 2 points.

• Like 3

Sounds like we switched off on a couple of occasions- first for the first Haven try from a try line scoot, then in the second half, the ref lost the tackle count (even Radio Cumbria agreed) blew after five tackles meaning Meadows never got a kick away and from the resulting set when it sounds like we were still complaining Haven kicked through and two players , expecting the ball to run dead, left it and Haven scored