Bulls

Bullmania

2 wins from 6 for Keighley so far unlucky in couple well beaten in at least the Fev game.  Doesn’t matter what form there in they’ll be up for it Sunday and we need to Match that or we will be beaten.

looking forward to it atomshere should be cracking hoping for the two points offcourse plus side is cup weekend after chance to rest couple bodies but still be cup respectful like the last round.

The omens have begun...in favour of the Cougars!

The referee is the same as on the day in 2022 when promotion was confirmed with victory at Doncaster.Scott Mikalauskas.

We have a good record when he referees our games.

It was an unbeaten run,at that time,and now seems as good as any to commence another unbeaten run.

The incremental improvement continued as we lost to what I consider to be the best side we have played in 2023,despite a larger defeat to Featherstone. 

I expect good displays from former Bulls players,Doyle,Gale and Chisholm;if selected.

Looking forward to it...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The omens have begun...in favour of the Cougars!

The referee is the same as on the day in 2022 when promotion was confirmed with victory at Doncaster.Scott Mikalauskas.

We have a good record when he referees our games.

It was an unbeaten run,at that time,and now seems as good as any to commence another unbeaten run.

The incremental improvement continued as we lost to what I consider to be the best side we have played in 2023,despite a larger defeat to Featherstone. 

I expect good displays from former Bulls players,Doyle,Gale and Chisholm;if selected.

Looking forward to it...

I was hoping this was an early April fools when I saw who the ref was. 
I see you’ve never lost a game the three times hes reffed you you’ve won.

the five times we’ve had him we’ve only won once which was a comfy win the four losses all been tight affairs. 

2 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

First good word I've heard spoken about that ref , anyway each to their own and good luck

Definitely after to agree with your comment about the ref big Yorkshire derby a weak ref as been picked in my eyes. Hopefully not the difference.

• Like 1

I agree form goes out the window in this game. We're expecting our biggest crowd for several years and it is all about who can perform on the big stage under pressure. Some players I'm sure will rise to the occasion.

I'm really hoping we have some of our first choice players back for this one as I think they'll be needed.

Really looking forward to the occasion and hopefully a good Cougars performance.

59 minutes ago, Dovster said:

I'm really hoping we have some of our first choice players back for this one as I think they'll be needed.

Talking of first choice players D 

Mark Dunning has confirmed at his press conference that the Bradford Bulls will once again three/four dual registration players available from the Leeds Rhinos for the club’s trip to Keighley on Sunday.

14 minutes ago, POR said:

Talking of first choice players D 

Mark Dunning has confirmed at his press conference that the Bradford Bulls will once again three/four dual registration players available from the Leeds Rhinos for the club’s trip to Keighley on Sunday.

The rumour is Oledski!!

Blackmore 50-50 see training tonight likely be tindall started season with only two wingers. England, Thompson and Lawrence out injured see it been a forward aswell. We won’t have Johnson this week with the leeming situation plus roby is back from his one game ban so i realistically only see us using 2 players.

17 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bradford have named the full allowed complement of five loanees/DR players in their 21 (2 loanees from Huddersfield, 3 DR from Leeds). No complaints about that at all as it's all legit and in the rules, but it's a bit unfortunate when their chief cheerleader has been bleating about IMG not awarding points for running an academy.

Indeed. Especially with 2 Bulls academy products in the Fev squad and 3 in the cougars squad at the start of the season. Disappointing for a different reason. 

Edited by TrueBull
A

3 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Indeed. Especially with 2 Bulls academy products in the Fev squad and 3 in the cougars squad at the start of the season. Disappointing for a different reason. 

Indeed, and this is why it's probably not worth the trouble and money running an academy as a Championship team, you just end up with the better players being picked off by bigger teams.

All came together today. A great performance from the Cougars. Definitely showed passion and desire alongside skill.

Very difficult to pick MOM as it was a great team effort.

A great crowd with credit to the Bulls fans who showed up in numbers.

What a great division this is.

Pretty impressive.

All the new combinations, the new additions,and recent form of Bradford eg.beating Sheffield,last week,who defeated Toulouse yesterday,was a slight worry.

Ended up making Bradford reminiscent of a League 1 side - despite what appeared to be a great deal of help from the referee to get them to score.

Better offensively and defensively.Further improvement to hopefully continue.

Enjoyable day with an enjoyable 80 minutes.Pleasure to be in attendance at Cougar Park while we completed 3 home wins against 3 city clubs,this year.

17 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Pretty impressive.

All the new combinations, the new additions,and recent form of Bradford eg.beating Sheffield,last week,who defeated Toulouse yesterday,was a slight worry.

Ended up making Bradford reminiscent of a League 1 side - despite what appeared to be a great deal of help from the referee to get them to score.

Better offensively and defensively.Further improvement to hopefully continue.

Enjoyable day with an enjoyable 80 minutes.Pleasure to be in attendance at Cougar Park while we completed 3 home wins against 3 city clubs,this year.

The fans turned up 4793 which was more than two super league games. 

shame only one team turned up well played Keighley disagree with the comment about the ref we didn’t get are first penalty till about 48th minute.

moment for us was when gill went of injured we had two young Leeds lads out there depth and you had a field day down are left edge. Too many errors by us giving you easy field only plus glad we scored least wasn’t nilled although we’d have deserved it.

gale old manned the ref for the first tindall try going down how he did he tried it the set before the ref let it go.

tbf we do need a strong Keighley side 1-0 two games to go see you at the bash and Odsal.

18 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

The fans turned up 4793 which was more than two super league games. 

shame only one team turned up well played Keighley disagree with the comment about the ref we didn’t get are first penalty till about 48th minute.

moment for us was when gill went of injured we had two young Leeds lads out there depth and you had a field day down are left edge. Too many errors by us giving you easy field only plus glad we scored least wasn’t nilled although we’d have deserved it.

gale old manned the ref for the first tindall try going down how he did he tried it the set before the ref let it go.

tbf we do need a strong Keighley side 1-0 two games to go see you at the bash and Odsal.

It was certainly in the 2nd half when the ref tried his utmost.

On the subject of Gale,I ain't his biggest fan,but in the opening minute of the game there was a deliberate attempt with a flailing elbow to his head.It failed to connect and Gale just continued without any drama.

I shall be viewing the recording to see if it shows.

I cannot understand the criticism aimed at the head coach - but not Noble.Wasn't he appointed to assist?

Yes.York and Odsal.Not the best destinations but as the side continues to improve the away results should start to pick up...

I am still trying to work out why Holmes left Sheffield Eagles and went to Bradford with the reports of unrest from last season.It allowed Thackeray to postpone his earlier stated retirement and he seems to be enjoying it a bit more.

I should really make efforts to find out day and kick off time for The Bash,at York.

I shall see what the stadium is like on Good Friday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It was certainly in the 2nd half when the ref tried his utmost.

On the subject of Gale,I ain't his biggest fan,but in the opening minute of the game there was a deliberate attempt with a flailing elbow to his head.It failed to connect and Gale just continued without any drama.

I shall be viewing the recording to see if it shows.

I cannot understand the criticism aimed at the head coach - but not Noble.Wasn't he appointed to assist?

Yes.York and Odsal.Not the best destinations but as the side continues to improve the away results should start to pick up...

I am still trying to work out why Holmes left Sheffield Eagles and went to Bradford with the reports of unrest from last season.It allowed Thackeray to postpone his earlier stated retirement and he seems to be enjoying it a bit more.

I should really make efforts to find out day and kick off time for The Bash,at York.

I shall see what the stadium is like on Good Friday.

I’m guessing would been Fenton rogers the giants young loan lad who copped a sin binning bit later on for it second time this season now that has happen. 

I think noble was more on the side to help get the players in with his pulling power far as I know anyway.

sunday 28th may far as I’m aware second to last game with the york women been the last game the weekend only good thing is it’s bank holiday still shame it’s not back at Blackpool. Lovely ground is yorks don’t get me wrong but it’s not summer bash is what it is now. 

Edited by Bullmania
  • Like 1