Soccer AM to be cancelled

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/soccer-am-cancelled-sky-sports-b2305791.html

Annoying....my kids have just started enjoying watching it this season as a nice thing after their own football fixtures when we get back (and the first time I have ever really watched it in 30 years!) 

Says it in is being replaced by Soccer social which was it's predecessor 30 years ago....

Hope it stil has a sense of fun that my kids have enjoyed 

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Run it’s course for me when Helen Chamberlain left it

I've grown fond of it this last year....always have an indie band on which I like (which I find weird as no one seems to like indie these days) ....

The Geoff bot is silly and funny (for my kids particulalry) , we then choose our favourite goals from the top 30 of the week then we fast forward to the ProAm bit ...

Really am a bit annoyed it's going....hope they replace it with something good 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I've grown fond of it this last year....always have an indie band on which I like (which I find weird as no one seems to like indie these days) ....

The Geoff bot is silly and funny (for my kids particulalry) , we then choose our favourite goals from the top 30 of the week then we fast forward to the ProAm bit ...

I think it had a peak period of being almost essential irreverent football humour with the odd good guest thrown in.

But now to me it seems very formulaic in comparison and a lot of the gags we’ve heard all before.

Most people I speak to agree.

Mind you I’ve tried and not enjoyed Saturday Social (self proclaimed new media gonks whose humour I don’t get  and football knowledge I don’t care for).

Hope they can come up with something else…

20 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Seems like a show out of time, made for social media before social media, and then didn't adapt very well in the social media age.

Soccer Social, if its the one on now, is worse...

The last one standing from when programmers knew there was an audience of hungover people just wanting something bright, cheerful and occasionally smart to get them through until the fry-up would go down nicely.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 22/03/2023 at 15:11, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I’m an indie kid BB. 

• Like 1