Sun 26th Mar: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Think Skolars are going to be the whipping boys this season, it's worrying that nothing heard about the take over. With the the new league structure coming soon think it will be amateur rugby them soon.Just a uneducated opinion 

4 hours ago, Derwent said:

Hurricanes 0 Town 18 after 10 mins

At that point I feared the worst.

But the 'Canes dug in and with 2 minutes to go they were really knocking on the door at 4 points down. To be fair to Town they defended well and then got a lucky bounce(skill?) to score and were relieved to finish 10 point winners.

The Hurricanes once again ( Rochdale last week) conceded early points and left themselves too much to do.

Edited by Bearman
  • Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Not a happy day in Colwyn Bay with a decent, competent Oldham side getting a by and large deserved win over a patched up Cru side (how can we have 11 injured or not available this early in the season's beyond me!) who had two more players carried off in the last quarter of the game. Next home game now June 11th., just hope we're sorted out by then.

Went to my first Cornwall game today and luckily got to see their first home win. They played their hearts out and they looked a decent side. They visibly looked in better shape than the Skolars players. It was really good to see the passion the fans have for the sport. Heard plenty of locals round about talking about how much they like League and they appreciate having a team in the area. The reaction of the players to the win was fantastic to see as well. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Not a happy day in Colwyn Bay with a decent, competent Oldham side getting a by and large deserved win over a patched up Cru side (how can we have 11 injured or not available this early in the season's beyond me!) who had two more players carried off in the last quarter of the game. Next home game now June 11th., just hope we're sorted out by then.

I think we were our own worst enemies! Whenever we got in the last 20m we made errors, lost discipline and shape....just really struggled to score. We probably had the lions share of territory and possession but didn't capitalise. The one high point was Rob Massam getting his 200th career try.

57 minutes ago, gogledd said:

I think we were our own worst enemies! Whenever we got in the last 20m we made errors, lost discipline and shape....just really struggled to score. We probably had the lions share of territory and possession but didn't capitalise. The one high point was Rob Massam getting his 200th career try.

We bombed at least two tries Mark by making the wrong decision whilst through and at times played like a team playing together for the first time and with 11 missing due to injuries it’s not surprising. I couldn’t understand why we had a try disallowed towards the end but that’s how it goes. We’ll come good as we go on but things not going right for us at the moment.

Id like to thank the Oldham fans their company, we had a good laugh with them at the smoking shelter.

25 minutes ago, newbe said:

I was wondering why Oldham take over completed with no problems n quickly. While Skolars has taken an eternity since it was announced preseason. Skolars deserve better.

Because it was done under the radar and started a year ago I believe! Some people like to make a song and dance about it. It seems Fordy kept his hand close to his chest. A sign of a good businessman and  things to  come.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

On 27/03/2023 at 10:29, clwydianrange said:

Id like to thank the Oldham fans their company, we had a good laugh with them at the smoking shelter.

We had a good craic with the Oldham fans in the pubs in Old Colwyn before the game, so a big THANK YOU to Oldham fans from me too

....I hope it was warmer in the smoking shelter than it was in the back of the stand!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gogledd said:

We had a good craic with the Oldham fans in the pubs in Old Colwyn before the game, so a big THANK YOU to Oldham fans from me too

....I hope it was warmer in the smoking shelter than it was in the back of the stand!

Judging by the ‘condition’ of the Oldham fans I was talking to Mark it could have been the ones that’d had a few with you in Old Colwyn mate.

• Haha 1