Sat 25th-Sun 26th Mar: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

On 24/03/2023 at 03:13, Michael Bates said:

Sheffield vs Toulouse would be an ideal TV game. Why is it that a full time team can only play on Saturday afternoons?

Like the Catalan Dragons I think it is do with France being a Catholic Country and Sunday play is not allowed  for home games, though they can play in the UK on that day!

• Haha 1

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

Bug test for Sheffield who will be disappointed after last weeks start at Odsal. Toulouse are a major test and beating them would send a real marker to the rest of the division.

Shame it isn't being OuRLeagued tbh but my mates and I will enjoy it in person!

Bad day at the office for TO. Still, 2nd in the league though, so it's not all doom and gloom. A new fullback on the way, so they can forget about this afternoon and look forward to the Easter weekend. Sheffield will give most teams a run for their money at home.

I think there will be a few results this season that go against predictions, no easy games in this league as the Knights found out last week against Haven. I think even Fev may get turned over by at least one team in the league.

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

Like the Catalan Dragons I think it is do with France being a Catholic Country and Sunday play is not allowed  for home games, though they can play in the UK on that day!

In Northern Ireland, the Çatholics play on Sunday but the Protestants won't, so I doubt whether religion is anything to do with it.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Bad day at the office for TO. Still, 2nd in the league though, so it's not all doom and gloom. A new fullback on the way, so they can forget about this afternoon and look forward to the Easter weekend. Sheffield will give most teams a run for their money at home.

Who’s the new full back?

2 hours ago, Expatknight said:

I think even Fev may get turned over by at least one team in the league.

With the combination of injuries, and unforced errors that Rovers are making this is almost a certainty in the very near future. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, kiggy said:

A new fullback on the way, so they can forget about this afternoon and look forward to the Easter weekend. Sheffield will give most teams a run for their money at home.

Morgan Escare? He's the one who springs to mind given he's been playing in Elite 1.

Agree re Sheffield, best squad they have had in 7 or 8 years.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Morgan Escare? He's the one who springs to mind given he's been playing in Elite 1.

Agree re Sheffield, best squad they have had in 7 or 8 years.

I've not heard Escaré's name mentioned. There are 2 others I've heard who have been contacted, one from Elite and one from overseas. I was hoping they would stick with Brochon. If this year is a rebuilding exercise then with one eye on the future, it is imperative to bring in the French youngsters.

Sheffield do have a lot better side this season, however, when I asked what positives could be taken from the Toulouse performance I was told "none" and I quote, "they were ######".  

6 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Sheffield do have a lot better side this season, however, when I asked what positives could be taken from the Toulouse performance I was told "none" and I quote, "they were ######".  

They framed better in the second half, to be fair.

• Thanks 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"