Sat 25th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/03/23 at 15:30

4 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Agent Tony is doing a good job so far it seems. 

It's Agent Stanley, I'm more concerned about!

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

It's Agent Stanley, I'm more concerned about!

Every superhero has a sidekick on their most important mission! Stan is Robin to Tony's Batman. Unfortunately though it looks like Wakey or Cas will scupper Neil's cunning plan this season anyway!! 🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

27 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Every superhero has a sidekick on their most important mission! Stan is Robin to Tony's Batman. Unfortunately though it looks like Wakey or Cas will scupper Neil's cunning plan this season anyway!! 🤣

We look more like Rodney is Robin to Del Boy's Batman.

• Haha 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

It puts in a really good position to potentially be 4, even 5 wins clear of the bottom come 1st of May when recruitment starts, gives us access to a much better pool of players when the threat of relegation is much smaller.

After all these years of failing in SL I’d be over the moon for the club and Derek to be int that position to be able to plan ahead, I think with Lam & Chester, the rebrand and the game day experience for once Leigh might seem like a genuine exciting prospect to some players. 

There’s a long way to go yet mind.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, binosh said:

Not as long as you might think. How many games will Wakefield win this season - realistically 5 or 6?  You would think they would have to beat Leigh home and away as 2 of those.  Very few would have expected them to be so far adrift so early. They are playing under massive pressure every game already.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I hate P&R and I can't believe it's in the conversation from the start of the season

You know I am in the opposite corner Oxy, we have P&R this season so yes it most certainly should be in the conversation from the start of the season, and long may it continue to be so for many many seasons to come.

• Like 3

On 23/03/2023 at 00:32, Old Frightful said:

Can't argue with anyone who feels Leigh will be favourites here, although it looks like we may have Carlos Tuimavave back along with Mitch Vulikijapani which should certainly stiffen up our defence in the threequarters. Word is also that Jake Trueman may be playing, looking forward to seeing what effect he has.

I'll go Hull FC 18 Leigh 24.

Don't tell me, straight from the Greater Manchester branch of the Hull FC rumour mill.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 minutes ago, Mapleyther said:

Not as long as you might think. How many games will Wakefield win this season - realistically 5 or 6?  You would think they would have to beat Leigh home and away as 2 of those.  Very few would have expected them to be so far adrift so early. They are playing under massive pressure every game already.

We play wakefield 3 times this season including magic. Winning those and the Cas games will be key Leigh if we want to kick on. Funnily enough, we were also 3 wins from our first 6 games in 2017 but then lost a close game at Wakey in our 7th before our season unravelled. To stay up this year we need to do what we couldn't in 2017 and beat the teams around us. We lost all 3 games against Widnes who finished 12th that year.

We do have a much better squad and coaching team than 2017 though so I'm confident we should be able to not only avoid the drop but stay well out of the battle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

You know I am in the opposite corner Oxy, we have P&R this season so yes it most certainly should be in the conversation from the start of the season, and long may it continue to be so for many many seasons to come.

🤣

I think game one was a bit silly and there were even somethings before the first kick off.

We are on opposite sides 'arry I don't think it will continue though in this case it's replacement might be even more problematic.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I expected a defeat by around 10 points and was pretty close.

I really don't like home games anymore, in fact I'm getting to the point of hating them. The stadium is a bloody awful place in terms of atmosphere, unless of course you're in the North East corner where the away fans make plenty of noise, as the Leigh lot did today. At Saints last week, the fans made plenty of noise and the players seemed to respond. You wouldn't think it was the same lot out there today.

The MKM Stadium is a great place to play if you're an away team, Hull FC just don't seem too keen on winning there.

Wire away next then the old rivals at "home", I think it may be a while before we move away from the bottom three, if we ever do.

I was called a pessimist by @ELBOWSEYE earlier on in this thread, I responded by saying I was more of a realist.

I think I was entirely correct.

Interesting point, at Wigan when they were at Central Park the singers and noise makers all used to gather on the Popular Side. When they moved to Robin Park they were split into those that wanted the cheap seats, south stand, and those that want to have the side view, but more epensive. So the noise generators are spread out.

When the same supporters go to an away game they are congragated together, so become a concentrated mass of noise.

You see this with quite a few teams, clubs need to learn how to gather their home, noisy, support together. Maybe the pricing model for RL isn't best modelled on the soccer one in modern stadia.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, binosh said:

After all these years of failing in SL I’d be over the moon for the club and Derek to be int that position to be able to plan ahead, I think with Lam & Chester, the rebrand and the game day experience for once Leigh might seem like a genuine exciting prospect to some players. 

Bo Derek after seeing the previouse failures, having to rebuild straight after promotion, took a gamble and decided to go SL outside SL, his gamble is paying off. If it hadn't Leigh would probably be in deep $h!t, but fair play it worked.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Bo Derek after seeing the previouse failures, having to rebuild straight after promotion, took a gamble and decided to go SL outside SL, his gamble is paying off. If it hadn't Leigh would probably be in deep $h!t, but fair play it worked.

He went with SL budgets outside of SL in 2016 and 2018. Biggest difference is having a coach that has coached in the top flight before, and a director of rugby that keeps himself an arms’ length away from the playing side. 

15 minutes ago, phiggins said:

He went with SL budgets outside of SL in 2016 and 2018. Biggest difference is having a coach that has coached in the top flight before, and a director of rugby that keeps himself an arms’ length away from the playing side. 

No , its timing, entering SL with an SL budget is different to spending  an SL budget before you get in SL.

I

2 hours ago, Padge said:

Interesting point, at Wigan when they were at Central Park the singers and noise makers all used to gather on the Popular Side. When they moved to Robin Park they were split into those that wanted the cheap seats, south stand, and those that want to have the side view, but more epensive. So the noise generators are spread out.

When the same supporters go to an away game they are congragated together, so become a concentrated mass of noise.

You see this with quite a few teams, clubs need to learn how to gather their home, noisy, support together. Maybe the pricing model for RL isn't best modelled on the soccer one in modern stadia.

Easy answer Padge, the popular noisy side at RL grounds is those with standing areas, all seaters don't facilitate this.

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Easy answer Padge, the popular noisy side at RL grounds is those with standing areas, all seaters don't facilitate this.

Not really, modern stadia, regardless of standing, seating are segragate on price, not on if you can stand or sit.

I'll give you that if there is an option when a new stadia is built and there is a standing area it will probably draw the noisey lovers,  and in all seater you get it fragmented. 

I don't know about other clubs, like Hull, but Wigan should have made the South Stand the family stand, the Boston stand the equivelant of the popular stand and not gone for a big hike in price to watch from the side.

That would have created the same feel as CP with the noise on the East side and if they worked th pricing right the money would be equal.

They followed the soccer model, not following the RL habit model.

10 hours ago, Padge said:

I recall discussing pricing of tickets last season