New Ownership

geoffcooke

Great news that ORLFC has been purchased by Mike Ford and Mick Harrington with Gerry Kershaw joining a new Board of Directors. Here's to a winning season and a great future. Onward and upward.

Edited by geoffcooke
name missed out
  • Like 7

Members of Rugby Oldham committee attended the press release. I wasn't able to go myself so I'm waiting on further info about any involvement but am optimistic RO will have a role to play.

CH has gone into retirement. Don't know if any further involvement is anticipated.

Although we've had disagreements over the years it would only be right to acknowledge Chris' commitment to ORLFC over 25 years even at the cost of his own health at times.

It's great to have some positive news around Soccer and RL in Oldham after so mant years of disappointment.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, tandle said:

thanks shed its just that we have only 2 fit props sunday

Great news regarding ownership, thank you Mr.H on everything you have done for this club. 

The first thing the new owners must bring in is 3 prop forwards, absolute disgrace we only have two prop forwards in our second league game of the season. If the new owners are ambition I expect to see 4 or 5 new players to cement promotion, we are currently that many short to get promoted 

20 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Great news regarding ownership, thank you Mr.H on everything you have done for this club. 

The first thing the new owners must bring in is 3 prop forwards, absolute disgrace we only have two prop forwards in our second league game of the season. If the new owners are ambition I expect to see 4 or 5 new players to cement promotion, we are currently that many short to get promoted 

Totally in agreement in respect of chris along with player recruitment. As we keep the status quo I think we'll be short on bodies come the business end of the season.

We been crying out for a quality team for years. 

• Like 1

well said m.y. after this brilliant week for both latics and the roughyeds.

time to get back to what it is all about competitive teams on the meadow.

as for the roughyeds it starts now.

done right i can believe oldham can win this league this season.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I hoped we would have had a bit more stability.  

Still very positive on what has been done and the vision so far!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Let’s hope this isn’t a sign of problems with the board. Their start has been superb and they’ve backed littler all the way.

i reckon they expected a bigger bounce in attendances and now see the amount of work this will take!

• Like 2