Crusaders

Bedford Roughyed

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

A good win, 18-4, with Crusaders only scoring a consolation on the final minute. Dewsbury thrashed hornets as well, which was a surprise 

Good win for your boys….dont worry about the Hornets…..its that lulling you into a false sense of optimism in advance of the Good Friday King Cotton derby. It works every season. 😂

• Haha 1

I cadged a lift on the team coach today.  CH was on board for what was his last time in sort-of-charge.  

On the way home the players conducted their usual sing-song but much of it was directed towards CH.  

At one point, they were serenading him by singing along to mushy songs, whilst lighting the torches of their phones.

A bit mad I know, but here it is...

signal-2023-03-26-180751_002.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

We seem tight and well organised, particularly seeing as we’ve barely played any competitive matches. Good start to the season. Dewsbury seem to be the team to beat. Watched them on The Sportsman against Workington. Tough, big, well drilled. Forwards made big big yards. Owen Restall got a hat trick today

One of those wins were it’s just get the job done, we looked like a team who had hardly played this season. Regarding the well organised comments this is due to the leadership and calmness of ridyard and wilkinson despite not being their best games in an Oldham shirt they did the basics very well and got us over the line. We would have lost this last season. 

any news on meadows injury? He has been immense so far this season. We now only have two prop forwards available after two league games which is an absolute farce.

was the new owners in attendance yesterday ? I didn’t seem to see them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterYed said:

One of those wins were it’s just get the job done, we looked like a team who had hardly played this season. Regarding the well organised comments this is due to the leadership and calmness of ridyard and wilkinson despite not being their best games in an Oldham shirt they did the basics very well and got us over the line. We would have lost this last season. 

any news on meadows injury? He has been immense so far this season. We now only have two prop forwards available after two league games which is an absolute farce.

was the new owners in attendance yesterday ? I didn’t seem to see them. 

They new owners were definitely there. We saw them having a photo done with a young supporter. Even though they'll be mad busy sorting stuff out, I'd be surprised if they haven't already had discussions with Stuart Littler about bringing in additional forwards. I'm sure that someone of Fordy's experience will have spotted how light we are yesterday.  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, tandle said:

oldham have now beaten the two worst teams in champ.1.

if they beat rochdale they will then have beaten the worst three teams.

Beating the alleged worst two teams in the league is a whole lot better than losing to them. Two wins out of two can only be a positive start to the season so well done Yeds, keep up the good work 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tandle said:

oldham have now beaten the two worst teams in champ.1.

if they beat rochdale they will then have beaten the worst three teams.

Fancy only beating the teams in front of you. A bundle of joy that brightens up my day as always Tandle.  

• Like 1