Is it Warrington's year?

The Grand Final is on my 60th birthday.  I've supported them since 1971 and seen them win Challenge Cups, come top of the league and win a Premiership, so I really want to believe that it's finally our year, but I'm definitely not going to jinx it by saying it will be.

I'm just enjoying the season so far and hoping for the best.

• Like 2

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

One thing that could really hinder them, is that big Kiwi middle who has just left them. Mikaele. 

I thought he looked really decent, added proper depth to their middle unit, and Powell tends to focus on having decent go-forward from his middles to generate his game plan.

It looks like he has jumped ship to Gold Coast Titans, and while you can't blame the bloke (he's looking at NRL footy) , it definitely hampers Warrington's super league ambitions unless they can get a quality replacement in. 

Wire have a fantastic side this year. I enjoyed watching them put my Leigh side to the sword but they do have an underbelly too. The thing is, i feel only a couple of SL sides could really push Warrington for 80 mins based on their current form and with the type of Rugby they play and that is ONLY if they can contain their middles and go forward.

Good luck to them. I hope they do win the Super League but lose the Challenge cup final to Leigh !!🤣

• Like 1

Form and fitness will be crucial come play off time. But Warrington have had suspension and injuries at the start, Mcguire 7 games Big Sam 1 game, wrench, philbin and Dudson injured before the season, Harrison and Bullock out for 3 months, clarke knee injury. So even though they have had a good start they have had to use plenty of squad players. 

20 hours ago, latchford albion said:

The Grand Final is on my 60th birthday.  I've supported them since 1971 and seen them win Challenge Cups, come top of the league and win a Premiership, so I really want to believe that it's finally our year, but I'm definitely not going to jinx it by saying it will be.

I'm just enjoying the season so far and hoping for the best.

That would be some birthday present!

Hull FC once won 5 from 5 in 2009.

We finished 12th.

On the flip side, Huddersfield once lost the first 7 games and finished 5th, so there's hope for everyone too! (They were actually in positive points difference after the 8th match!). Strange season was 2007!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hull FC once won 5 from 5 in 2009.

We finished 12th.

On the flip side, Huddersfield once lost the first 7 games and finished 5th, so there's hope for everyone too! (They were actually in positive points difference after the 8th match!). Strange season was 2007!

Current odds

Saints 15/8

Wigan 10/3

Wire 7/2

Personally I'd have Wire ahead of Wigan (maybe 3-1) ..and probably Saints out to nearer 17/8

I guess history weighs heavy even for the cold blooded Poikilotherms of the bookmakers