FEV and IMG

POR

35 minutes ago, POR said:

It’s beginning to look like it’s Franchising Mark 2, hence why opposition is mounting amongst nine Super League Clubs. Looks like the Keighley owners were right.

• Like 1

I've tried discussing it on Twitter and been shouted down by Saints, Wigan and Leeds fans...shockingly I know, as these proposals won't affect them.

The one question I can't get an answer to and I can't figure out myself is "How does a team outside SL score higher than a team in SL, without the funding that being in SL attracts?"

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

I've tried discussing it on Twitter and been shouted down by Saints, Wigan and Leeds fans...shockingly I know, as these proposals won't affect them.

The one question I can't get an answer to and I can't figure out myself is "How does a team outside SL score higher than a team in SL, without the funding that being in SL attracts?"

Unfortunately they see the divisions below as a different sport. They have had the advantage of all the Sky money over the years otherwise they wouldn't be able to look down on the unfortunate ones like they do. Creating one division to being full time and the rest part time was a huge problem for a sport based almost solely in the north of England. The way IMG are going at the moment there will be divisions within divisions and the divide will be become unsurmountable and instead of spreading the game and trying to make it more popular they will actually dilute it into obscurity.

19 minutes ago, POR said:

Apparently IMG have graded all 36 teams based on their on field performance we come 14th  

"Apparently" - you got a link to that? The only thing I have seen is Matt Shaw's estimate for Reach/Rugby League Live etc a couple of weeks ago, where he admitted that he had some areas of uncertainty about how the grades would be arrived at.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

"Apparently" - you got a link to that? The only thing I have seen is Matt Shaw's estimate for Reach/Rugby League Live etc a couple of weeks ago, where he admitted that he had some areas of uncertainty about how the grades would be arrived at.

Every UK rugby league club ranked on IMG's new performance criteria - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

1 hour ago, POR said:

Clearly not an official ranking, but the club that has repeatedly been runner up in the championship being ranked as 14th for on-field performance really wouldn't come as a surprise to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

6 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Unfortunately they see the divisions below as a different sport. They have had the advantage of all the Sky money over the years otherwise they wouldn't be able to look down on the unfortunate ones like they do. Creating one division to being full time and the rest part time was a huge problem for a sport based almost solely in the north of England. The way IMG are going at the moment there will be divisions within divisions and the divide will be become unsurmountable and instead of spreading the game and trying to make it more popular they will actually dilute it into obscurity.

It's dying a slow death sadly but like as been said Wigan,Leeds,Saints ,Warrington, and  Hull clubs don't give a stuff,they will when same fans get sick of seeing same teams.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

It's dying a slow death sadly but like as been said Wigan,Leeds,Saints ,Warrington, and  Hull clubs don't give a stuff,they will when same fans get sick of seeing same teams.

Said on Twitter the other day when debating with a Saints fan who thinks they can decide the future of the game, that SL will only be happy when it's Saints, Wigan, Leeds and a guest of their choice playing each other 8 times a year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest news 

KEY changes are set to be made to IMG’s rugby league grading criteria as well as the minimum standards when clubs meet next Wednesday. League   Express understands that, following consultation with all 36 professional rugby league clubs, changes will be put towards the Rugby Football League, RL Commercial and IMG on April 5th after two previous consultations saw a number of points raised about IMG’s initial plan. Amongst the proposed changes League Express understands that much more emphasis will be placed on academy set-ups in the minimum standards, especially with this being the essential future of rugby league.

The vote,of all RFL council members will still take place on April 19th as IMG attempts to pass through its proposals to ‘re-imagine’ rugby league

On 29/03/2023 at 17:37, Fevrover said:

Leave the above teams to their own devices. Remainder revert back to part time.

43 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Leave the above teams to their own devices. Remainder revert back to part time.

That's what's coming eventually way things are going.

Edited by Fevrover

5 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Something that will help them justify the inclusion of Bradford and London in SL. 

Would we be able to set up an academy if promoted this year ?.

Current Elite licences last until 2027 (only 10 of the possible maximum of 12 were initially awarded with Bradford and Cas getting one on appeal). Clubs that were unsuccessful can operate Development Academies which are run in conjunction with Further Education Institutions and play in the Colleges competition - not sure which clubs this applies to or whether we still have an agreement with New College. The next opening for applications is in 2024. 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2023 at 10:34, Michael Bates said:

Which can only be run if the RFL deems you worthy?

Aye, something that could only occur in Rugby League. It really is unbelievable. As i've said repeatedly, any non SL clubs voting for these IMG proposals are akin to turkeys voting for Christmas. Again, we'll done Keighley. 👏🏼

• Like 2

Img will eventually learn that they are trying to sell a ###### to a sewage farm and scurry away. There is no way they are going to profit from this "expansion" of..... Keeping the same ###### in SL with the addition of that gem in Bradford. Its laughable.