London Broncos v Doncaster London by 20
Rochdale Mayfield v Newcastle Thunder Thunder by 12

SUNDAY 2nd APRIL
Dewsbury Rams v Widnes Vikings Vikings by 12
Halifax Panthers v Barrow Raiders Halifax by 12
Hunslet ARLFC v Batley Bulldogs Batley by 30
Midlands Hurricanes v Bradford Bulls Bulls by 40
York Knights v Sheffield Eagles Sheffield by 6

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

30 minutes ago, JonM said:

York v Sheffield is on BBC (iPlayer etc).

Followed by Dewsbury v Widnes on The Sportsman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Challenge Cup Fourth Round games here:

SATURDAY 1st APRIL
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00
London Broncos v Doncaster KO 15:00 at Rosslyn Park RUFC
Rochdale Mayfield v Newcastle Thunder KO 13:00

SUNDAY 2nd APRIL
Dewsbury Rams v Widnes Vikings KO 15:00
Halifax Panthers v Barrow Raiders KO 15:00
Hunslet ARLFC v Batley Bulldogs KO 14:00 at The Fox's Biscuit Stadium
Midlands Hurricanes v Bradford Bulls KO 15:00 at Odsal Stadium
York Knights v Sheffield Eagles KO 12:30

Keighley 42-22 North Wales Crusaders

London Broncos 36-18 Doncaster

Rochdale Mayfield 10-24 Newcastle

Dewsbury 24-26 Widnes

Halifax 28-22 Barrow

Hunslet ARLFC 4-46 Batley

Midlands Hurricanes 18-40 Bradford

York 22-18 Sheffield

Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders
London Broncos v Doncaster
Rochdale Mayfield v Newcastle Thunder
Dewsbury Rams v Widnes Vikings
Halifax Panthers v Barrow Raiders
Hunslet ARLFC v Batley Bulldogs
Midlands Hurricanes v Bradford Bulls
York Knights v Sheffield Eagles

Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders Cougars by 42
London Broncos v Doncaster KO London by 16
Rochdale Mayfield v Newcastle Thunder Newcastle by 8

SUNDAY 2nd APRIL
Dewsbury Rams v Widnes Vikings Widnes by 6
Halifax Panthers v Barrow Raiders Fax by 18
Hunslet ARLFC v Batley Bulldogs Batley by 14
Midlands Hurricanes v Bradford Bulls Bradford by 72
York Knights v Sheffield Eagles Sheffield by 10

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Challenge Cup Fourth Round games here:

SATURDAY 1st APRIL
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00
London Broncos v Doncaster KO 15:00 at Rosslyn Park RUFC
Rochdale Mayfield v Newcastle Thunder KO 13:00

SUNDAY 2nd APRIL
Dewsbury Rams v Widnes Vikings KO 15:00
Halifax Panthers v Barrow Raiders KO 15:00
Hunslet ARLFC v Batley Bulldogs KO 14:00 at The Fox's Biscuit Stadium
Midlands Hurricanes v Bradford Bulls KO 15:00 at Odsal Stadium
York Knights v Sheffield Eagles KO 12:30

Ā 

35 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Plenty of mouth watering ties there.

York v Sheffield on TV so are any other matches being broadcast/ streamed etc?

Dewsbury vs Widnes is on the Sportsman, as per Futtocks's post above.

I reckon that game is the most plausible upset too. Widnes don't have a particularly good record at Dewsbury in recent years, although it was a one-sided win for the Vikings last year.

36 minutes ago, JonM said:

I reckon that game is the most plausible upset too. Widnes don't have a particularly good record at Dewsbury in recent years, although it was a one-sided win for the Vikings last year.

great thanks!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol: Ā Non-Political

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Use this thread to say it's pretty terrible we (Hunslet ARLFC) were forced to switch this fixture to be played at Batley. Not naive to think this will make any difference to the result, but definitely makes a difference to our club. The reasoning was flawed at best. Anyway, we'll take plenty over to Batley and hopefully be competitive for large parts of the game.Ā 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Use this thread to say it's pretty terrible we (Hunslet ARLFC) were forced to switch this fixture to be played at Batley. Not naive to think this will make any difference to the result, but definitely makes a difference to our club. The reasoning was flawed at best. Anyway, we'll take plenty over to Batley and hopefully be competitive for large parts of the game.Ā 

What was the reasoning and how was it flawed ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

What was the reasoning and how was it flawed ?

'Proximity of a road to the pitch'? This isn't a new road - no it's been there long before the pitch was ever there! This has never been flagged as an issue before.....and seemingly plenty safe enough to hold NCL Premier Division games and even Challenge Cup games in the past....just as long as it's not against a pro side it seems?!Ā 

More info hereĀ https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/that-roads-too-close-challenge-cup-game-switched

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

'Proximity of a road to the pitch'? This isn't a new road - no it's been there long before the pitch was ever there! This has never been flagged as an issue before.....and seemingly plenty safe enough to hold NCL Premier Division games and even Challenge Cup games in the past....just as long as it's not against a pro side it seems?!Ā 

More info hereĀ https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/that-roads-too-close-challenge-cup-game-switched

How high is that fence ?Ā  Four feet ?Ā  It looks like you could lose a few balls on the kicks to touch.

2 minutes ago, Griff said:

How high is that fence ?Ā  Four feet ?Ā  It looks like you could lose a few balls on the kicks to touch.

I'm not saying that I agree with the decision, but is that the issue - There's going to be more kick's for touch in this match than other matches there - Am I right in thinking that in NCL matches teams can decide to advance (10 or 20?) metres and tap rather than kicking for touch from a penalty?

That won't be an option in a Challenge Cup match against professional opposition, so more penalties kicked for touch and the ball more likely to head towards the road.

Ā 

9 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I'm not saying that I agree with the decision, but is that the issue - There's going to be more kick's for touch in this match than other matches there - Am I right in thinking that in NCL matches teams can decide to advance (10 or 20?) metres and tap rather than kicking for touch from a penalty?

That won't be an option in a Challenge Cup match against professional opposition, so more penalties kicked for touch and the ball more likely to head towards the road.

Ā 

If I were coach of a professional club, I wouldn't agree to play there.Ā  Ā Taking ten metres isn't good enough for this level.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Ā 

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Griff said:

If I were coach of a professional club, I wouldn't agree to play there.Ā  Ā Taking ten metres isn't good enough for this level.

We offered to put 25m high netting up along that perimeter fence - anything kicked higher than that would be nowhere near the road! We also have another pitch (to the left as you look at that aerial pic) which is used for training etc and could've got into a suitable state in time for the game but we weren't allowed to pursuit any of these options. In fairness to Batley it was nothing to do with 'a professional club not wanting to play there' - i'm sure they'd have been happy to. This was an RFL/Challenge cup decision. We probably have better facilities/players than some sides in League one, so it just smarts a little to be honest.Ā 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ā 

Ā 

We offered to put 25m high netting up along that perimeter fence - anything kicked higher than that would be nowhere near the road! We also have another pitch (to the left as you look at that aerial pic) which is used for training etc and could've got into a suitable state in time for the game but we weren't allowed to pursuit any of these options. In fairness to Batley it was nothing to do with 'a professional club not wanting to play there' - i'm sure they'd have been happy to. This was an RFL/Challenge cup decision.

That's disappointing. It's a shame they aren't able to play at home having been drawn there.

Hope you're still able to enjoy the match.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonM said:

The joys of being a Widnes fan. We've had a start just about as tough as anyone in the championship. We currently lie fourth and two of our three defeats have been in the last couple of minutes. Yet we know that losing this one is well within our capabilities.

• Like 2

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

10 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

That's disappointing. It's a shame they aren't able to play at home having been drawn there.

Hope you're still able to enjoy the match.

Oh we definitely will and as I say this isn't a gripe about been made to play at Batley - some of our younger lads haven't played in a pro stadium before, but just more of a general disappointment that the issue(s) that were raised weren't really given a chance to be remedied. The Challenge Cup holds the same nostalgia for most as the FA cup in football - if this was the round ball game they'd be bending over backwards to make sure the 'underdog' story was played out at their home ground - no such sentiments here. Anyway, it's done now. Score prediction Batley 38 - 10 Hunslet ARLFC

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1