Any tips for Hull KR this weekend?

Going to Hull KR on Friday for the game against the Rhinos. Few of us staying in Hull at a mates house. What's best way to get there, parking if going by car etc? 

I've driven past before but not enough to do a proper reccy. Can drive if needs be but would rather not.

Any help much appreciated.

39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Going to Hull KR on Friday for the game against the Rhinos. Few of us staying in Hull at a mates house. What's best way to get there, parking if going by car etc? 

I've driven past before but not enough to do a proper reccy. Can drive if needs be but would rather not.

If you're driving, you can park in Poundstretcher car park near the entrance to the ground, or St Richards' Academy school nearby (off Marfleet Lane, easy direct walk through the school field). Both a fiver. 

If you're staying near the centre of town, you can get the no. 13 bus from Paragon Station. Or I'd book a cab from anywhere else eh. 

• Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Two massive council estates down that way so there’s lerds of buses that run frequently. If your mate’s from Hull, they should know, if not, what street are they down?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Two massive council estates down that way so there’s lerds of buses that run frequently. If your mate’s from Hull, they should know, if not, what street are they down?

Princes Avenue I think its called, not far from t'Circle as it goes.

I think between 3 of us we might just share a taxi. He is the one who said it is miles away 😅

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Get to Spiders late on, it’s a cracking place to finish the evening, absolutely dirt cheap drinks too. 

I take that back @Tommygilf, just looked and it’s only open on Saturdays. No idea why, was there late last year and it was rammed, and as good as it was when I last went in the late 90s. Something ridiculous like £1.50 a bottle, cash only iirc. Anyway if you’re there for two nights…

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

There is a a primary school to park at....you then walk over back fields past a community club (or a youth rugby club or something with a bar) and you are at the ground 

Advantage is that you can have a cheap beer in the community club before you go and also much easier to get away in car after as it's away from ground 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

28 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

If you're driving, you can park in Poundstretcher car park near the entrance to the ground, or St Richards' Academy school nearby (off Marfleet Lane, easy direct walk through the school field). Both a fiver. 

If you're staying near the centre of town, you can get the no. 13 bus from Paragon Station. Or I'd book a cab from anywhere else eh. 

Yes that's it..St. Richards school...I parked there 

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I take that back @Tommygilf, just looked and it’s only open on Saturdays. No idea why, was there late last year and it was rammed, and as good as it was when I last went in the late 90s. Something ridiculous like £1.50 a bottle, cash only iirc. Anyway if you’re there for two nights…

Which I am...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Princes Avenue I think its called, not far from t'Circle as it goes.

I think between 3 of us we might just share a taxi. He is the one who said it is miles away 😅

We live off Princes Ave. Although it's on the other side of town it's remarkably easy to get to the dark side by car from here. Taxi will get you there in 20-25 minutes. Would definitely drive or get a taxi rather than the bus. You have to get two buses and it will take more than twice as long.

If you've got time and want a pre-match drink there are loads of options on Princes Ave. Don't wait until you get to the dark side, the land that time and the hospitality industry forgot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Also, best to buy tickets before or buy on the gate? TIA

I'd buy tickets in advance, they have mobile ones for Apple wallet and Android. Just easier. 

Drink in Craven Streat before the game, plenty of drinks choices not stupidly expensive and keeps the money in the sport. 

Cab would only be 25 mins from Princes Ave. That seems forever for people in Hull but a short hop for anyone who's lived anywhere else. It takes me 4 and a half hours to get to a home game 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

56 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

That seems forever for people in Hull but a short hop for anyone who's lived anywhere else. It takes me 4 and a half hours to get to a home game 🤣 

Ha ha.....always makes me chuckle when some people on here moan about the 45 minutes trip to their ground or whatever ...

Pretty much every SL game I go to watch takes me at least 2 hours 45 mins to drive to 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I'd buy tickets in advance, they have mobile ones for Apple wallet and Android. Just easier. 

Drink in Craven Streat before the game, plenty of drinks choices not stupidly expensive and keeps the money in the sport. 

Cab would only be 25 mins from Princes Ave. That seems forever for people in Hull but a short hop for anyone who's lived anywhere else. It takes me 4 and a half hours to get to a home game 🤣 

Can you get to Craven Streat if you are in the away end, Ive never figured out how? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Pretty accurate on both counts.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Can you get to Craven Streat if you are in the away end, Ive never figured out how? 

Yes to enter pre-match go to the West/South turnstiles 1 – 4 and once through they'll give you North Stand wristband or hand stamp so you can move to your seats later. Before kick-off exit via the back gate and make your way back to your gates (9 – 10), they let you in with the band/stamp. Quite a few do it these days, I always prefer a mixed crowd eh it's what rugby league's supposed to be like. 

You can't get back there at half time, there's a decent bar under the North anyway, but then you can get back for the after-party if you wanted to n'all. 

31 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yes to enter pre-match go to the West/South turnstiles 1 – 4 and once through they'll give you North Stand wristband or hand stamp so you can move to your seats later. Before kick-off exit via the back gate and make your way back to your gates (9 – 10), they let you in with the band/stamp. Quite a few do it these days, I always prefer a mixed crowd eh it's what rugby league's supposed to be like. 

You can't get back there at half time, there's a decent bar under the North anyway, but then you can get back for the after-party if you wanted to n'all. 

Ill be Driving so not bothered about drink but just wanted to go and have a look round!

thanks for the info

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ill try get there a bit earlier and grab a bite, do they have a decent coffee place?

I hate it at grounds when its just instant available 

Yes if you get to Craven Streat there’s a donut and “proper coffee” horse box thingy

DA793468-C8B7-4B68-BBFF-0A18DBCDD86C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ill try get there a bit earlier and grab a bite, do they have a decent coffee place?

I hate it at grounds when its just instant available 

That’s such an un-rugby league thing to say! 

• Haha 1