NRL Match Thread Round 5

The SFS blockbuster has not yet started and FOX have lost the plot already with the EEes multitasking....

The fifth placed Eels can catapult themselves into the top four, while the 15th placed Eels need a win to keep in touch with the top eight

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-sydney-roosters-vs-parramatta-eels-live-stream-live-blog-supercoach-scores-videos-james-tedesco-mitchell-moses/news-story/af7cecffd0dbaf61b31713a206abb5ac

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The Roosters exploit the advantage with a slick try, but the bunker says nope. Keary pulled a defender down that he really didn't have to.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This time the Roosters get one to stick. Nice hands all round, as the ball goes the width of the field.

SYD 6:2 PAR

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

This time the Roosters get one to stick. Nice hands all round, as the ball goes the width of the field.

SYD 6:2 PAR

Yes, good try. Good vision, teamwork, passing skills and quick, oh so quick.

Edited by JohnM

Another Eel gets binned - not making this any easier for themselves.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

In a meeting, so missed a bit of the first half - SYD 16:8 PAR now.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jaxson Paulo takes a nice flick pass from Su'alii to extend the Roosters' lead. No conversion.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Score Summary

D. Hutchison 14, D. Tupou 33, L. Keary 39, J. Paulo 55, L. Keary 72 Tries C. Gutherson 44, B. Simonsson 77, M. Sivo 79
S. Walker 16, S. Walker 40, S. Walker 73 Conversions M. Moses 45, M. Moses 77, M. Moses 80
S. Walker 65 Penalty Goals M. Moses 12
  Sin Bin W. Penisini 6, B. Simonsson 24

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

He only got ten mins, Tedesco gets 11 days.

Yes it’s an anomaly we see quite often  . Overall in play the Roosters didn’t miss their talisman and captain as they were very dominant for much of the game . The score line flattered the Eels and they’re looking very much off the pace early on in the season . Hodgson isn’t looking particularly dynamic or effective  as a replacement for Mahoney 

I feel like Phil Gould after the World Club Challenge, I honestly thought having seen both of these teams two opening games live, that Parra wewr in with a chance with Joseph Manu out and James Tedesco gone 30 mins into the game. But that was the most compete Rooster performance this season. Parra never played with the same intensity as they did against the Penny Panters, but the Roosters never let them play at that intensity. Some heroic defence and some garbage time tries gave Paramatta respectability but in truth thewy were well beaten,

Onwards and upwards tipping wise...☹️

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

That was a thumping late shot on Tedesco. You could hear the hit from Sydney to London. Big shame he'll be out for a while. 

There were some beautiful passes and touches throughout the game, combined with the usual errors. Felt like the Roosters were always in control and more dangerous in attack. They found holes in the Eels' defense constantly. Parramatta put in a shift and a half last week and they weren't able to reach those levels again against the Roosters who were fresh after a week off. 

Edited by JimBronco

Good game coming up, South Sydney who I would have to grudgingly concede are a chance for the Grand Final and a Melboune Storm side that looks a bit fin de siècle towards the back end of last year and the beginnibg of this, and are IMO a little too reliant on Cameron Munster these days. Certainly without him against the Bulldogs, Melbourne failed to compete and given that Bellamy sides have in the past always turned uip regardless of whose was on the field.It's most Un-Melbourne like

Facing them a South Sydney side that have a decent spine in Damien Cook, Campbell Graham the emerging Lachlan Ilias and the man-child that is Latrell Mitchell who has been at it again who when asked about recruiting Jack Wighton states

http://I would love Jack outside me. It would be another element. But we don’t have a sombrero

Now who could he be referring to....

George Orwell

Morning all! Nice picturesque aerial shots of the stadium showing every now and then, as Canberra host Penrith. No points so far.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Turuva opens the scoring for the Panthers, after a Cleary chip through leaves the Raiders' defence wide open.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Raiders attack needs a few more ideas. Lots of attacks on the Penrith try line, but they're being absorbed without much drama.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ten passes all across the field on the last tackle, before Turuva chases his own grubber and gets his second.

Ralph Waldo Emerson