Sat 8th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils KO 14:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/23 at 14:00

Leigh without Ben Nakubuwai, O Brien, Gannon, Hughes, Wardle, Smith, Brand and Jones from a small squad and Shorrocks back at Wigan.

If Mellor is fit then it’s him or Reynolds at FB, if not then it moves Zak to FB and take Briscoe into centre with Nisbet on wing.

Bench will be small with so many missing so expect Wilde to get a run or we bring Gannon back from loan. Second row is short unless Hughes recovers or Holmes shows some form

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

On the game itself, Salford win, and probably comfortably, if Ackers and Sidlow are back available.

Devil talk a bit gloomy understandably at present but they don't seem to hold out much hope on this one.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh without Ben Nakubuwai, O Brien, Gannon, Hughes, Wardle, Smith, Brand and Jones from a small squad and Shorrocks back at Wigan.

If Mellor is fit then it’s him or Reynolds at FB, if not then it moves Zak to FB and take Briscoe into centre with Nisbet on wing.

Bench will be small with so many missing so expect Wilde to get a run or we bring Gannon back from loan. Second row is short unless Hughes recovers or Holmes shows some form

Gannon not in the 21 man squad. I think it's fairly certain that the back line will be Hardaker, Briscoe, Chamberlain, Luetele and Charnley. With the only question mark being whether Mellor or Reynolds partners Lam in the halves.

Hughes is in the squad, if he is fit, I can see him starting with Holmes on the bench as an interchange prop / loose forward, with Ava and Davis. Looking at the squad, I hope Wilde gets a chance, rather than picking Nisbett on the bench, who would be an unused sub, unless one of the backs gets injured.

Our right hand side is a worry in general.

14 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

They would be when you get one of your main pivots knocked out.

And 3 very fortunate decisions/bounces of the ball for your first 3 try's, just not our night 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, meast said:

Salford to bounce back from their humbling against a boring and smothering Ian Watson side in their cup final.

Leigh fans to continue to look utterly ridiculous in leopard print 😃

You're only jealous 😂

Looks like Chamberlain to Centre and Hardacre FB.

Chamberlain needs to improve his defence though, but at least he isnt marking Lafai this time.

Holmes to play some minutes in the front row ? If Mellor is fit, would definitely have him involved in some capacity.

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

doesn't look a lot missing to me

The Nelson of RL "I see no injuries!"

Even though Hudds beat SRD and Leigh are very likely to, it seems it's not enough

As I sain the giants weren't anywhere near as god as I thought they'd be and Leigh very likely to take this at home.

I think the Rivals Round is a good idea but any match where you play the same team so quickly is bad organisation.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

12 hours ago, ColD said:

Looking like a 6k crowd this, although not sure about the away fans sales - looks relatively poor compared to previous from Leigh fans 

I said it at the begining of the season, if Leigh average 6K 'home fans' over the season they will have done exceptionally well that will be approx 14% of the town, any sporting organisation would be really happy with that.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I said it at the begining of the season, if Leigh average 6K 'home fans' over the season they will have done exceptionally well that will be approx 14% of the town, any sporting organisation would be really happy with that.

Agree Harry really enjoyed our visit earlier on this season (The wife says the club and Derek have been a joy to work with) good luck and hope to come again during the summer (We will be at the Dragons today:)

PS/Are we the only 2 League fans posting on the Torygraph forums that one about the premiership financial problems was interesting talk about the blind leading the blind:)

51 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Happy but not contented Harry , that's the secret , one empty seat is one too many , try harder 

47 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Agree Harry really enjoyed our visit earlier on this season (The wife says the club and Derek have been a joy to work with) good luck and hope to come again during the summer (We will be at the Dragons today:)

PS/Are we the only 2 League fans posting on the Torygraph forums that one about the premiership financial problems was interesting talk about the blind leading the blind:)

2 owd gits arguing with kick and clappers 

Statdler and Waldorf comes to mind 😂

Edited by GUBRATS

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hi Paul, in that Torygraph reference I must have an imposter I don't recall posting anything!

PS was that your radio station I saw on the LED advertising boards at the Hull Derby yesterday?

Edited by Harry Stottle

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Paul, in that Torygraph reference I must have an imposter I don't recall posting anything!

PS was that your radio station I saw on the LED advertising boards at the Hull Derby yesterday?

Hi Harry,

Very funny yes there is a Harry Stottle posting there:) 

YES thats us currently on DAB in London/Home Counties and Online/Mobile/Smart Speakers Nationwide however we are considering going on the Humberside/Yorkshire/Lancashire/Manchester/Liverpool DAB later on this year as sixties music is really popular up north:)

Paul