Fri 7th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 12:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/23 at 12:00

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not as bad as the Aussies, at the 3rd test in '92 at Lang Park opposing fans were positioned exactly the same with the Aussies above some of the British contingent, the toilets must have been closed in the upper part because some of the Brits also got wet but it wasn't beer raining down!

Funnily enough we had the same experience in the East Stand at Craven park a few years back, bottles with warm, yellowy liquid been thrown at us!

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

In the past Hull KR fans have occupied both the North Stand and the Upper Tier of the West Stand with little in the way of incidents as far as I can recall. Now only about half of the seats in the North Stand are available to them which meant more of them in the Upper West. I have no idea why last Friday was any different to when they've previously occupied that part of the ground but things were very different, unfortunately.

In the past the West Upper was used as an overflow, after North was full. This season Hull are ridiculously selling home seats in the North (which they’ve no need to do given average attendances), so limited space for Rovers fans there. They even sold West Upper seats before then later releasing extra North seats, goodness only knows why. This meant that some of the more boisterous Rovers fans who’d normally be all together in the North, their preference, ended up above the family section in the West stand. 

Individual Rovers fans are responsible for their own behaviour, and I don’t need to condemn them again. Asked and answered. But I’d expect responsible decision-makers at Hull FC to make better decisions. As I said earlier, we live in the world as it is, not the one we’d all prefer. It’s the role of the organising club to take appropriate mitigation. It’s hardly as if there’s never trouble at derby games, from both clubs supporters. I’d go as far to say that there is some form of issue at every single one. I was a victim of the reverse only last year. This was all depressingly predictable. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

In the past the West Upper was used as an overflow, after North was full. This season Hull are ridiculously selling home seats in the North (which they’ve no need to do given average attendances), so limited space for Rovers fans there. They even sold West Upper seats before then later releasing extra North seats, goodness only knows why. This meant that some of the more boisterous Rovers fans who’d normally be all together in the North, their preference, ended up above the family section in the West stand. 

Individual Rovers fans are responsible for their own behaviour, and I don’t need to condemn them again. Asked and answered. But I’d expect responsible decision-makers at Hull FC to make better decisions. As I said earlier, we live in the world as it is, not the one we’d all prefer. It’s the role of the organising club to take appropriate mitigation. It’s hardly as if there’s never trouble at derby games, from both clubs supporters. I’d go as far to say that there is some form of issue at every single one. I was a victim of the reverse only last year. This was all depressingly predictable. 

You criticised me earlier for using the appalling incidents that happened in the West Stand on Friday as a weapon to criticise your club and their fans.

I gave an example of a Hull fan at Leeds throwing a bottle on the pitch at Headingley a few weeks back and called him a moron.

The worst descriptive term you've come up with up to now for the Hull KR fans throwing bottles appears to be "boisterous".

And, according to you, after reading all your posts on this thread, the blame seems to be not with Hull KR fans who were the perpetrators, but with Hull FC for allowing Hull KR fans to sit in the upper tier of the West stand, expecting them to behave.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

You criticised me earlier for using the appalling incidents that happened in the West Stand on Friday as a weapon to criticise your club and their fans.

I gave an example of a Hull fan at Leeds throwing a bottle on the pitch at Headingley a few weeks back and called him a moron.

The worst descriptive term you've come up with up to now for the Hull KR fans throwing bottles appears to be "boisterous".

And, according to you, after reading all your posts on this thread, the blame seems to be not with Hull KR fans who were the perpetrators, but with Hull FC for allowing Hull KR fans to sit in the upper tier of the West stand, expecting them to behave.

It is possible for all of the following things to simultaneously true:

1. Hull KR fans who threw bottles are a stain on the club and the game, and should be punished to the fullest extent

2. Many clubs have fans like this, and Hull FC in particular have fans who have behaved in the same way previously.

3. A club hosting a contentious fixture has a responsibility to plan for risks, and take simple actions to mitigate. These include fan placement, and whether to sell bottled drinks. 

These points do not contradict each other, and don’t need to be on different sides of an argument. I stand by this point, it seems a perfectly reasonable one to make. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

In the past Hull KR fans have occupied both the North Stand and the Upper Tier of the West Stand with little in the way of incidents as far as I can recall. Now only about half of the seats in the North Stand are available to them which meant more of them in the Upper West. I have no idea why last Friday was any different to when they've previously occupied that part of the ground but things were very different, unfortunately.

May have been lucky that these specific things haven't happened in previous years, but this fixture has seen more than its share of unsavoury incidents. It does seem unnecessary, the ground is big enough to make necessary arrangements. 

Of course the bigger issue is nobjeads not behaving, but that will never go away unfortunately. 

On 08/04/2023 at 02:16, Old Frightful said:

That's the angriest I've ever been leaving a game, and I'm not talking about the drivel that was served up on the pitch from Hull FC.

I was sat in the top row of the lower tier in the West Stand and during the second half beer and bottles started raining down on me and hundreds other Hull fans from the Hull KR fans in the West Stand upper. A girl aged around four was hit on her head by a bottle right in front of me, and unsurprisingly ended up screaming which prompted her family to pick her up and leave. What a wonderful derby experience she will have to talk about in future.

Hull KR have made great improvements to their ground and are competitive on the pitch in SL, however, while they have this neanderthal #### element among their fans, they will always be held back from being a top club. I doubt the Upper tier will be open again for future derbies and I really hope their club is fined and warned again about the behaviour of this minority of trash amongst their fans. Their actions yesterday were utterly disgraceful, I thought I'd seen the last of that sort of stuff decades ago.

And we thought we'd had a bad day. That sounds absolutely appalling, particularly when you consider the lower tier of the West Stand is where the family area is located.

Let's hope at least some of those responsible can be identified, prosecuted and banned.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 10/04/2023 at 09:35, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Dimmest Star is a classless troll, ignore him.

You can't put it any clearer than you have there, pal. Whataboutism is not helping the people injured on Friday. I'm lucky I was on holiday last week as I usually sit in that corner with my 3 year old. I've seen Facebook posts from a friend whose going daughter was hit by a bottle. Telling us you've seen worse, or you've been a victim of worse in the past detracts from what happened there and then. This shouldn't be happening at rugby games.

I think the result of that will see Rovers fans banned from the upper tier in the future, which is a shame. It wasn't as simple as allocating the whole North Stand as season passes have been sold there.

Rather sensibly IMO, Rovers don't allow we Hull fans access to Craven Streat (see what they did there?). Likewise, I think the sensible thing for Hull to do would be to restrict the West Stand Upper to home fans in future.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.