Cougars good Friday

georgeb1

Thought the first half was a great game of rugby league and was really impressed with Keighley as a attacking outfit and always looked like having more options out wide,but it doesn't help when you have 4 young lads in the team on a regular basis playing against some quality players and i said at the beginning of the season we lacking a big forward and on the few games i have seen Ta'ai and Ronan aren't the answer to the problem.I now the season is only 7 games in,but can't see us finishing in the top six ,but i don't think we will go down as long we can pick up points from teams around us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Puk said:

Thought the first half was a great game of rugby league and was really impressed with Keighley as a attacking outfit and always looked like having more options out wide,but it doesn't help when you have 4 young lads in the team on a regular basis playing against some quality players and i said at the beginning of the season we lacking a big forward and on the few games i have seen Ta'ai and Ronan aren't the answer to the problem.I now the season is only 7 games in,but can't see us finishing in the top six ,but i don't think we will go down as long we can pick up points from teams around us.

Not far off the mark with your comments,  As has been said by others, as good as Bailey is he isnt a prop, Harrison isnt a winger, he tries hard but his was the wing down which all the attack came again this week, he is far better at fullback and he along with at least three others is still only 18 or 19 yrs old up against guys who have done it, read it, written the book. You cannot knock the effort,but to expect a bare bones squad to perform week in week out is unrealistic. Keighley looked what they were, an experienced and settled side, they knew what each other was doing and knew how to play the game, sadly we looked the opposite. It will come good, I am sure but maybe not this season, we will get the a few victories but I think we will be mid table and may just scrape into the playoffs by the season end, this is where we are as a team.

• Like 6

This season was always going to be transition, the injuries are unbelievable, we've never had more than 2 half backs, we've got 4 this year and they are all injured now. It will just be a case of getting through the season and then letting Hendo build a squad for next year. 

Hope bailey is tied to a long contract!

Think Myles has grown into it in the last few games, was great against Sheffield, can't knock any of the young lads for effort. 

Bodes well that Hendo obviously talked the Keighley squad into playing for him!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Not far off the mark with your comments,  As has been said by others, as good as Bailey is he isnt a prop, Harrison isnt a winger, he tries hard but his was the wing down which all the attack came again this week, he is far better at fullback and he along with at least three others is still only 18 or 19 yrs old up against guys who have done it, read it, written the book. You cannot knock the effort,but to expect a bare bones squad to perform week in week out is unrealistic. Keighley looked what they were, an experienced and settled side, they knew what each other was doing and knew how to play the game, sadly we looked the opposite. It will come good, I am sure but maybe not this season, we will get the a few victories but I think we will be mid table and may just scrape into the playoffs by the season end, this is where we are as a team.

It's too early to say that you might just scrape into  the play offs. You could very well finish in the top three. If you look at the league table apart from Fev at the moment everyone is beating everyone else. There were six points separating 2nd right down to 11th. Plus York are just two points shy of 5th place. You beat in form Sheffield with 12 men after Sheffield walloped Toulouse.Get some players back and you'll be up and running in my opinion.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

It's too early to say that you might just scrape into  the play offs. You could very well finish in the top three. If you look at the league table apart from Fev at the moment everyone is beating everyone else. There were six points separating 2nd right down to 11th. Plus York are just two points shy of 5th place. You beat in form Sheffield with 12 men after Sheffield walloped Toulouse.Get some players back and you'll be up and running in my opinion.

Good points Phil , injury list has now hit 8 missing so with a small squad we really are hurting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nige Arro said:

This season was always going to be transition, the injuries are unbelievable, we've never had more than 2 half backs, we've got 4 this year and they are all injured now. It will just be a case of getting through the season and then letting Hendo build a squad for next year. 

Hope bailey is tied to a long contract!

Think Myles has grown into it in the last few games, was great against Sheffield, can't knock any of the young lads for effort. 

Bodes well that Hendo obviously talked the Keighley squad into playing for him!

Bailey is only on a 1 year contract presume it was his choice not to sign a longer contract,but does make you wonder why other players were given longer contracts who are not in the same league as Bailey.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Puk said:

Bailey is only on a 1 year contract presume it was his choice not to sign a longer contract,but does make you wonder why other players were given longer contracts who are not in the same league as Bailey.

if you take jordy thompson and pauli pauli who got long term contracts , those guys have been there done it and yes worn the t shirt , bailey as good as he seems to be was still an unknown quantity

• Like 1

Both those two might well have “done it”. Problem is only one of them is still doing it. The other “did it” a handful of times last season and has not done it at all this season. There’s no comparison as to who has been the better investment. He won’t even be capable of doing anything until the season is nearly done. I wonder for what percentage of our wage bill does he account? Sick note also cost a lot and delivered very little. If he’s on a one year contract, then surely Bailey will be gone at the end of the year?  He’ll get offered 3 or 4 times whatever York are paying. Good luck to the lad. He gives his all in every game. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

if you take jordy thompson and pauli pauli who got long term contracts , those guys have been there done it and yes worn the t shirt , bailey as good as he seems to be was still an unknown quantity

Pauli Pauli might have done it in the past,but is certainly not been value you for money,agree with you about Thompson who gives everything for the knights and deserved a longer contract.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Well this is shocking if true. Might explain some of the recent performances. Anyone from the club got anything to say? Mind you, if some players do leave can it be the ones’ who never seem to play for us….

I’m on about keighley

• Haha 3

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward