Attendance thread

16 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Anyone know the championship crowds for the Easter weekend?

2168 at York for the visit of the Cougars on Friday evening

3136 Barrow v Haven

2287 Batley v Fev

1403 Swinton v Widnes

817   Newcastle v Sheffield

3358 TO v Broncos

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, RBKnight said:

3136 Barrow v Haven

2287 Batley v Fev

1403 Swinton v Widnes

817   Newcastle v Sheffield

3358 TO v Broncos

Good crowd at Swinton to be fair

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Have noticed that York city centre is full of groups like that on a weekend.

• Haha 10

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

It's an old cliché but often less is more. One game over Easter Weekend is a classic example. A long season with lop fixtures doesn't help attendance figures but it helps bring in the media money. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On that Wire v Wigan crowd. If Rugbyleagueproject is accurate, the previous highest crowd in recent history for this game at Wire is 14028. So hopefully that will be beaten, and it would mean the highest crowd for Warrington v Wigan for many decades.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

23,211 was the Easter Rd Avg w NRL. I think the NRL will be a little disappointed with that figure.

You really are a half-empty sort of bloke, the NRL will be stoked with the crowd figures this year, even the Easter weekend figures.

11 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Very interestingly, last night’s Dolphins Rabbits slightly pipped that figure with 23,280.

The best part about that number was that on a night that even the Broncos are lucky to draw 20 000, the Dolphins drew 23 000, even if they drop down the ladder this year, it shows the underlying support for this club. Augurs well for the years ahead when they build their roster and become a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

On that Wire v Wigan crowd. If Rugbyleagueproject is accurate, the previous highest crowd in recent history for this game at Wire is 14028. So hopefully that will be beaten, and it would mean the highest crowd for Warrington v Wigan for many decades.

Any idea what the stadium capacity is now? I think there was a 15008 crowd for Wire v Widnes in 2016, but I'm not sure whether the capacity is still at that level.

26 minutes ago, JonM said:

Any idea what the stadium capacity is now? I think there was a 15008 crowd for Wire v Widnes in 2016, but I'm not sure whether the capacity is still at that level.

I'm sure there was a press release at the start of the year saying it had increased slightly due to the latest safety certificate or something. Maybe 15.4k?

27 minutes ago, JonM said:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

23,211 was the Easter Rd Avg w NRL. I think the NRL will be a little disappointed with that figure.

Very interestingly, last night’s Dolphins Rabbits slightly pipped that figure with 23,280.

What was it last year and in 2019

Just now, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Think they said it was also a Warrington Superleague record too, beating anything they had at Wildersppol during the Superleague era too

Wilderspool held no where near that in the SL era so it would be.

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Think they said it was also a Warrington Superleague record too, beating anything they had at Wildersppol during the Superleague era too

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Wilderspool held no where near that in the SL era so it would be.

Wilderspool hasn't held that many for decades. We're probably talking biggest crowd in Wire for 40 to 50 years or so. 

• Like 4

On 13/04/2023 at 22:29, Sports Prophet said:

Easter Rd? Why are you on about Hibs? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5