Cornwall (H)

Wakefield Ram

I still hope its real spicy a right mouth-watering heart pounder. I don’t expect there to be may traveling supporters but still us Rams need to be loud and proud and back the boys to victory. Lets make the FLAIR resonate with “come on Dewsbury” and “when the Rams go marching in” as it really does seem to get the lads all fired up.

• Like 1

NEVER FEAR ROGER RAM IS HERE

14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

With due respect to Cornwall, think this should be a comfortable win by 40 points

Totally agree with you,hopefully we’ll be fully recovered and firing on all cylinders once again after the tough game we had against Widnes. It was very clear to me against Hunslet that we’d had only a short turnaround and Hunslet had two weeks off,but credit to the players they hung in there.

No disrespect to Cornwall but we should be putting a score on them and treat it as we’re playing one of the top sides. The game also gives us the opportunity to maybe make one or two changes,bring Callium Jordan back? I’ll make the first prediction.

Rams 56

Cornwall 6

Fts Whiteley

Mom Butterworth 

Att not a lot

It should be a comfortable win, probably not all that entertaining but another two points in the bag. It can be fatal to assume a win but, guys, it's Cornwall!

Dewsbury 58 - 12 Cornwall

FTS: Whiteley

MoM: Day

ATT: if only we knew!

Will the scran van be stocking up with pasties, by the way?

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Apparently Ferguson took a knock to the knee.

He told us it was nothing, so from that LF must be taking no chances, by resting him.  I would have loved to see him storming through though.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Let’s see how close my radical selection gets to Finny’s team on the day:

Littlewoodl; Whiteley, O’Connor, Davey Dixon, Frewin; Sykes, Turner; Walker, Day, Coventry; Davies, Graham; Morris, 

subs: Butterworth, Ronan Dixon, Summers, Wilkinson

18th Man: Restall

Dewsbury 54-10 Cornwall 

MoM: O’Connor

Att: 588

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Littlewoodl; Whiteley, O’Connor, Davey Dixon, Frewin; Sykes, Turner; Walker, Day, Coventry; Davies, Graham; Morris, 

Dewsbury 54-10 Cornwall 

I would like to see Jordan back ... was looking really good before his injury. I also think O'Connor would be better at full back or stand off. 

15 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Apparently Ferguson took a knock to the knee.

He said that he had over-extended it and would probably miss the Cornwall game as a precaution.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, NickD said:

No Fergie or Lewis  Carr in Sundays squad I see.    Anyone  know if it’s a nice rest or down to injury?

Time to give some of the squad members who have been knocking on the door a deserved run out. They might give Liam some tricky decisions to make in the next couple of weeks. It would be good to see Davie Dixon back again, although none of the backs have given any concerns - they have all been very solid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Dewsbury 54-10 Cornwall 

Just a bit too radical for me CF but we shall see.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Time to give some of the squad members who have been knocking on the door a deserved run out. They might give Liam some tricky decisions to make in the next couple of weeks. It would be good to see Davie Dixon back again, although none of the backs have given any concerns - they have all been very solid.

Agree.  Def a good game to give some of the lads a run out but all the backs have been top drawer and Id be sticking to the team that won last week for as long as needed.  Think Perry and Lewis have been especially good in defence and can't see either of them being left out when it counts..

10 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I would like to see Jordan back ... was looking really good before his injury. I also think O'Connor would be better at full back or stand off. 

Maybe but don't believe Owen Restall or Paul Sykes could be shelved....

• Like 1

Cornwall came and gave their best today, I’m sure. They stuck to their guns to the end and were confident in all they did, bringing them two well worked tries.

Dewsbury on the other hand, played well for the greater part, giving the coach some contemplation for selection in the CC, having made six changes from last week, bringing in Davey Dixon, Caelum Jordan, Simon Frewin, Jack Coventry, Luke Littlewood and giving Joe Summets his debut. Whiteley was awarded MoM for his four tries (it would have been five, had Dixon, at centre, not snatched the ball from the air to score the first of his three, before Whiteley could receive it). Apparently Sam Day came a close second for his hat trick and work rate. Other try scorers were Frewin, Beckett, Summers and Morris.

The second half saw Dewsbury definitely go “off the boil” a couple of times, with  a general lack lustre performance at times, with some sloppy passing and dropping the ball. We even lost the penalty count about 3-5.

Afterwards, Liam was in praise of the team effort and for the “new entrants”, with Littlewood standing out as the little loose forward giving a good display, worrying the opposition and for Sam Day, being Sam Day! He went on to say that the team was ready to take on London next week without fear, feeling we are better than they. Hmm!

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Thanks 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

I thought Cornwall weren't short of ambition. They never gave up trying and showed a bit of pace and some surprising ball handling at times. However, to be polite, some of them were carrying a bit of condition. They were also very obviously lacking in coaching, needing some direction to make the best of their individual skills.

Dewsbury did a very professional job, keeping to the task in hand and building on their already creditable points difference. 

Week by week, if we dare to say it, things are looking better and better for the future. 

11 hours ago, STEVE P said:

I thought Cornwall weren't short of ambition. They never gave up trying and showed a bit of pace and some surprising ball handling at times. However, to be polite, some of them were carrying a bit of condition. They were also very obviously lacking in coaching, needing some direction to make the best of their individual skills.

Dewsbury did a very professional job, keeping to the task in hand and building on their already creditable points difference. 

Week by week, if we dare to say it, things are looking better and better for the future. 

I thought their coaching looked an improvement on last season.

💣

• Haha 1