Mike Cooper : Season ending injury. (Merged Threads)

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Here is some analysis of the incident from NRL physio account on Twitter.

thank you, appreciate it

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

It's real pity for Cooper and the club.

He has been, easily, our best prop this season and his absence will have a huge impact on results.

Liam Byrne looks to be getting better, I thought he played really well against Leigh, but the likes of Singleton, Ellis and Mago just aren't good enough for Wigan to sustain a challenge against the top teams.

16 hours ago, Dave T said:

In the last 10 months Morgan Knowles has been found guilty either by MRP or tribunal 8 times. This will be the 9th.

At what stage do we address that there is a real issue here. 

It may sound dramatic but to send a message to players who consistently "play on the edge" and bother the MRP they should be invited to sit out a few months.

I think Knowles is a very good player but he's becoming a liability towards other players sadly.

St Helens need to be very strong with him I think, there should be no place for any player who can't control his discipline on the field and the club should take some of that medicine too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Saints will use the international break to reduce the number of SL games Knowles will miss to 4. 

So, Cooper has his career potentially ended, and 23 certainly chalked off, and he gets a month off. 

Surely Wane would have to pick him first, not sure why he would agree to that, it’s not like the WC where there are more games.

• Like 1

I wonder if Knowles will get away with trying to reduce his 5 game ban , after this disgusting tackle on Mike Cooper ruling him out for up to a year. If this had happened in the street he would be up before the magistrate for GBH. He is a disgrace to this game of ours and should be serving time for the length Mike will be missing not just 5 matches.  No doubt Saints fans will be up in arms with my post. So what.!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’d like to see the reasoning behind why someone would be Rugby tackled by four men in the street, more than anything, to be quite honest. 

Hungry lads?

Perhaps they were doing some chicken wings on them mean streets? 

Edited by idrewthehaggis

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

I’d like to see the reasoning behind why someone would be Rugby tackled by four men in the street, more than anything, to be quite honest. 

Once saw an old women trip in Pontefract Market, she tried to grab the man in front of her and ended up performing a textbook tackle and brought him down, not sure it was a true hip drop tackle though.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Once saw an old women trip in Pontefract Market, she tried to grab the man in front of her and ended up performing a textbook tackle and brought him down, not sure it was a true hip drop tackle though.

I read about that, I think her name was Agnes Knowles🤔

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, haskey said:

I wonder if Knowles will get away with trying to reduce his 5 game ban , after this disgusting tackle on Mike Cooper ruling him out for up to a year. If this had happened in the street he would be up before the magistrate for GBH. He is a disgrace to this game of ours and should be serving time for the length Mike will be missing not just 5 matches.  No doubt Saints fans will be up in arms with my post. So what.!

I'm not debating the severity of the tackle but let's not forget that we actually have seen an incident of GBH in Ben Flower that did not get treated as such before we start condemning others.

• Like 1

• John Drake changed the title to Mike Cooper : Season ending injury. (Merged Threads)
8 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Saints will use the international break to reduce the number of SL games Knowles will miss to 4. 

So, Cooper has his career potentially ended, and 23 certainly chalked off, and he gets a month off. 

There should no way the international should count, he is not available through suspension, I think there would be an outcry from clubs, players and fans. 

11 hours ago, sam4731 said:

I'm not debating the severity of the tackle but let's not forget that we actually have seen an incident of GBH in Ben Flower that did not get treated as such before we start condemning others.

Just because A.N. Other got away without being arrested in a game in 1936 does not invalidate this. That was then. This is now.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Just because A.N. Other got away without being arrested in a game in 1936 does not invalidate this. That was then. This is now.

I'm not disputing this, but are we really trying to say that we're holding ourselves to very different standards in incidents like this in just 9 years?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sam4731 said:

I'm not disputing this, but are we really trying to say that we're holding ourselves to very different standards in incidents like this in just 9 years?

Didn't mean to be aggressive but when it comes to Saints...

Why not different standards? Things have moved forwards in those 9 years. For example, the RFL are being taken to court over allegations of breach of duty of care over player well-being.

Edited by JohnM

Sorry, I have got a bit lost in some of the rhetoric in this thread.  Are some people advocating that Knowles should be arrested for the tackle on Cooper?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

20 hours ago, Live after death said:

I saw that - Joe Westerman showed up shortly afterwards

• Haha 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

What is Wane doing picking Knowles in his England squad. Is he trying to reduce his missing matches from 5 to 4 .

I wouldnt pick him for a Sunday league match in the Yorkshire Mens league. He is just a liability. I cannot see why Rush stands by him ??

19 minutes ago, haskey said:

What is Wane doing picking Knowles in his England squad. Is he trying to reduce his missing matches from 5 to 4 .

I wouldnt pick him for a Sunday league match in the Yorkshire Mens league. He is just a liability. I cannot see why Rush stands by him ??

It’s a training squad isn’t it rather than the match squad? Knowles, despite people’s views on him and his current form, is an experienced international player with tonnes of big match experience under his belt. Of course he’s going to be included in England’s training squad.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2023 at 12:07, Exiled Wiganer said:

Says the man whose team defended Newton all those years ago when he put both Long and Gilmour out in the same game towards the end of the season with serious injuries. Who also have defended Hock and Flower in the past. The Smithies tackle was as bad of not worse but fortunately didn't lead to a serious injury??

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, hullste said:

Says the man whose team defended Newton all those years ago when he put both Long and Gilmour out in the same game towards the end of the season with serious injuries. Who also have defended Hock and Flower in the past. The Smithies tackle was as bad of not worse but fortunately didn't lead to a serious injury??

Wow