Fri 14th Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/23 at 19:30

3 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The Wire ground staff want sacking if O Neill was a onside 

How are you judging he was offside, on what criterea, and don't say he was in front, how was he in front.

• Confused 5

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

The vitriol against Wigan on this thread is up there with some of the best. It's fekin hilarious, I can imagine dogs cowering under sofas hoping to not be kicked again.

Can you provide an example?

Wigan have dominated us physically (as I expected) and we haven't managed to make any inroads. Wigan were awarded what was in my view a completely wrong try by VR decision. I don't see how that is anti Wigan.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Can you provide an example?

Wigan have dominated us physically (as I expected) and we haven't managed to make any inroads. Wigan were awarded by what was in my view a completely wrong VR decision.

And Wire have been rewarded by Wigan's inability to finish them off. That just about equals it up.

He wasn't offside by the way, and he definitely grounded it, despite what the optically challenged on here might claim.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jim Prendle said:

And Wire have been rewarded by Wigan's inability to finish them off. That just about equals it up.

He wasn't offside by the way, and he definitely grounded it, despite what the optically challenged on here might claim.

What angle shows him onside?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Can't believe we are only four points down. Kendall seems to have lost track of the 'Damien rule' whereby tries should be awarded to whichever side is more dominant in the arm wrestle.

Yeah because that's what I said 🤡. I was referring to Wigan supposedly getting all the calls, I wasn't even referring to that try. I am presuming that the poster didnt mean just one call by all the calls.

What do you have to be in front of to be offside.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

How are you judging he was onside, on what criterea, and don't say he wasnt in front, how wasnt he in front.....

😅

I have in my hand a rulebook and the faux language of impartiality

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The Wire ground staff want sacking if O Neill was a onside 

Personally I think he was a touch offside but I thought the Leeds player was offside last week too and that was given as well.

I think when the camera angle isn't the best the attacking team seems to get the benefit of the doubt. I am surprised he didn't check it more though.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

The one whereby the video ref looked at it and judged him to be onside.

That'll be the bloke that understands what constitutes an off-side

7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I have in my hand a rulebook and the faux language of impartiality

I love it when someone mentions the rules Rugby League because I can point out we have laws not rules and feel all smug for a bit.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

OK.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Anyone see the shove?

The eagle eyed officials?

Edited by gingerjon
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Padge said:

That'll be the bloke that understands what constitutes an off-side

Didn't he say they are on side on the right but O'Neil was on the left in front of the kicker?

Edited by Barca Mum
Typing error

For all that I think the Pies have had a fair bit of good fortune on the close calls, Wire’s heads haven’t been right in this game from the start.

• Like 1