Fri 14th Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/23 at 19:30

As a Hull fan, I'd like to thank Wire and Wigan for reminding me what RL is all about.

Well done the Pies but I'm a bit perplexed about how that last Wire try was disallowed.

What a great game though.

• Like 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Someone explain that to me. It’s a try.

Ref gave no try, he did seem to lose it just before the grounding, but did he loose clear contact unsure, the refs call on field holds the weight. I think he was in contact enough for it to be given, but I don't have to take into account of the original refs call.

Hope this helps.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I thought Wigan were much the better team and could have won by more. I'm really pleasantly surprised with how well our pack has gone the last couple of weeks. The forwards looked much too mobile for Warrington's pack tonight.

I have tipped Warrington to win the League this season, I see no reason to change my view for ther following reasons:

• The winning streak was always going to snap at some point
  • Warrington have already got as many wins this year as in the whole of last year
  • Wigan are currently white-hot but have they peaked to soon?
  • Because no-one wins the Grand Final in April

From a neutral perspective two (and possibnly three) absolutely diabolical decisions by the bideo referee that went against Warrington. Whoever is in charge of refreeeing should be looking at the tape of this game.

That is all.

• Haha 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Ref gave no try, he did seem to lose it just before the grounding, but did he loose clear contact unsure, the refs call on field holds the weight. I think he was in contact enough for it to be given, but I don't have to take into account of the original refs call.

Hope this helps.

I didn’t see any loss of contact though? Granted not in control but that’s never been a thing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I though Wigan were far superior, so I'm pretty happy with the effort considering. 

Two weeks running you’ve struggled for possession & field position against top 4 sides & managed to stay in the game,winning one,so plenty of positives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I thought Wigan were much the better team and could have won by more. I'm really pleasantly surprised with how well our pack has gone the last couple of weeks. The forwards looked much too mobile for Warrington's pack tonight.

Wigan basically muscled up in every tackle. 3 ayers in every wrestle and a fast defensive line. Nailed it to be honest. 

We were too passive, and it was always gonna be a struggle with that bench. Despite Wigan being far, far better tonight, I was pleased with our efforts to lose two tries to one, particularly with some 50/50's. Happy with the character, despite pretty average execution. 

Well done Wigan, looking forward to the rematch, hopefully 20k+ in there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Two weeks running you’ve struggled for possession & field position against top 4 sides & managed to stay in the game,winning one,so plenty of positives.

Aye, that's the positive I'm taking from it. 

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

This being the self-same Wigan pack that some described with utter certainty (before the season started) as a bunch of underwhelming lightweights whose club contracts just go to prove that the club is being run by fools or lunatics.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson