Wakefield certain to go down - What next?

23 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Rubbish 

Hmmm not too sure on that one. Next year if the council stick to the terms of the loan for the ground it could quite easily bankrupt the club. If they refuse to pay then I am sure the council have a legal obligation to take ownership. Then my fear is the football team will step in and and take over.  Wakefield FC could be the Cuckoo in the nest, by all accounts their owner could buy and sell Minards and Carter.

Just for the record as well 

The new stand looks awesome, the end terrace looks great , which gives Wakey half a good SL stadium , not sure what they can do with the ' flats ' , if they can build a new terrace down the side it'll be a decent stadium 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The new stand looks awesome, the end terrace looks great , which gives Wakey half a good SL stadium , not sure what they can do with the ' flats ' , if they can build a new terrace down the side it'll be a decent stadium 

Have you ever been in the flats and watched a game from there. They are quite good in my opinion and come in for undue stick. Much better than a swimming pool at one end and no one seems to ever mention that club having a three sides ground.

Edited by Agbrigg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

Have you ever been in the flats and watched a game from there.

No , why would I ? , I prefer to stand on a terrace , reread my comments on the new stand and rebuilt end 

12 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Have you ever been in the flats and watched a game from there. They are quite good in my opinion and come in for undue stick. Much better than a swimming pool at one end and no one seems to ever mention that club having a three sides ground.

Was in the flats today,had a brilliant day, thank you to all the Wakefield fans who made us leythers welcome and i got to meet the legend Chris Kamara. At least Wakefield are improving there ground, when will Cas start.

A certain irony that the year Wakefield actually make some ground improvements may be the year they go down.  They’ve  almost been the cockroaches of SL, impossible to relegate! 

Hopefully the new stand will make them better off financially and sustainable whatever league they end up in.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

12 hours ago, Szymala said:

At least Trinity aren't losing at home to Batley...yet.

True enough, but we Bulls fans know more than anyone how far things can fall and how quickly.

Trinity will know that next season when they play at Mount Pleasant.

11 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Which grounds are you referring to there, i'm struggling with the 3 sided one.

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The problem with the new stand is that it faces the pitch.

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Have faith Wakey fans heard a saviour is on the way when your owner steps down.

We've been hearing this for years.  There was always somebody "waiting in the wings" for when Ted Richardson left,  We're still waiting for him/her to step into the spotlight.

Why wait till Carter has gone? All it takes is "thank you Michael off you trot now, I'll take over from here. Why wait until the end of the season?

On 16/04/2023 at 09:43, Harry Stottle said:

If Wakefield and Cas both stay up and Fev as I expect get into SL, not as any of the clubs or their fans will have anything but joy about it how do people think it will go down with IMG.

There were many comments made about Leigh on promotion being a suburb of Wigan (8.5 mls distance between the stadiums) Warrington (8.6 mls) also very similar Saints (10.8mls) and Salford (11.1 mls) being so close, that we had comments as to there being to much area saturation.

Add in Leeds to the Wakefield trio and those 4 could be covered by a big blanket, that would be 75% or 3/4's of the League centralised on 2 small areas, it does not bother me in the slightest but what do others think?

Its the strength of our code

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The storm said:

Its the strength of our code

After going Wakefield yesterday and seeing them perform in the flesh, I doubt very much that equation I posted/suggested will happen, they will need a miracle or some other form of divine intervention to escape relegation this term, I doubt they will beat Hull FC twice, Cas once or Leigh twice, being their nearest teams on the ladder to avoid the drop, I think unfortunately their fate is sealed.

12 hours ago, Neil Monaghan said:

Was in the flats today,had a brilliant day, thank you to all the Wakefield fans who made us leythers welcome and i got to meet the legend Chris Kamara. At least Wakefield are improving there ground, when will Cas start.

That's the million dollar question-WHEN ?

15 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

To be fair I never thought a team would come close to our 2003 record but Wakefield this season look well capable of not winning a game and its going to take some doing to get their average points per game up to the 12 or so the mighty Fax managed that year.

That was us in 2021, but thankfully we won our last 2 home games.

16 hours ago, Oxford said:

And keep it up!

Better not to listen, best not to read.

In spite of the OP I used this very last post to say a) It's still not certain just bleak b) a social media forum is the last place to be when things aren't going well.

All the best to the Trin and their fans, and being smug when it's not you is not a good look.

Yes there are certain folk on here (and they know who they are) who seem to be taking a great pleasure in seeing Trinity's struggle. 

19 hours ago, OMEGA said:

I’ll answer that for you, Sam Hewitt, Nathan Mason and Innes Senior would get a few runs in the Giants team while Will Dagger might get a run or two with Hull KR, apart from that, none!

But these are the players, along with others, who have not been pulling their weight IMO.

25 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

Yes there are certain folk on here (and they know who they are) who seem to be taking a great pleasure in seeing Trinity's struggle. 

As a long time poster on here and Trin supporter it's been going on for as long as I remember. In the past it has sometimes been unjustified spite. This season I really don't think I can be critical of anyone having a pop at the club.

However don't have a go directly at our long suffering supporters. Believe me it really hurts seeing the level of incompetence being shown by the people running the club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

However don't have a go directly at our long suffering supporters. Believe me it really hurts seeing the level of incompetence being shown by the people running the club. 

Totally agree Aggers, as a Leigh fan I was stood at the top of the steps on the popular end and you could see the pain on what I imagine would be loyal fans faces as a lot were leaving early do you reckon their patience will run out on this season?