Liam to Wakefield

NickD

33 minutes ago, NickD said:

Given the respective results this season and his strong links surely just a matter of time?

You are a proper ray of sunshine.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Some people .......... Anyone who's heard Liam speak on his Twitter interviews or post-match in the Royal Suite, will know that he is a clever guy who clearly knows his stuff and is determined to make a success of his coaching career.

Why, then, would he take a poisoned chalice like Wakefield, who have zero money and look like they're heading for next year's Championship ............ which is exactly where we will be next year, with probably more chance of competing than Wakefield will have. Unless there's a multi-millionaire waiting to plough a fortune in to Trinity, I don't for one minute see Liam going there, WHEN he decides to move on......... WHY would he go there and effectively kill his coaching career before it's even begun ??

He's destined for bigger and better things than that ............but he's a job to do at Dewsbury first, and what a job he's doing so far !!!!

• Like 3

As much as I’m enjoying us winning for a change, the standard in league 1 is poor and should we lose to London and then Doncaster in the next 2 games then things wouldn’t look quite as a rosy.

Liam and the team are doing really well at the moment. However until we are promoted and then stabilised as a mid table Championship club then he hasn’t achieved anything

As Therein73 says the Wakefield job would be a terrible career move at present.

• Like 2
rambo.gif

I agree with Nick's sentiment that the better the job Liam does for us the more likely he is to move on to a more lucrative appointment one day.

I also agree with Ti73 that when this eventually happens it should be for a better prospect than Trinity.

Then I agree with Rambo that Finnie still has to prove his credentials by completing the job he has come to do at Dewsbury, (although I have every faith that he will do just that).

Finally, I also agree with the sentiment inherent in BSJ's post  that this is something we just don't want to be thinking about for now. 

So, I find myself in agreement with everybody else. It's a strange feeling. 

• Haha 2

Trinity are only 4 points adrift. I expect Applegarth will be sacked in next few weeks. Trinity players and fans will be looking for a proven SL coach, not one with half a season at Championship and a few months at League One.

If Trinity appointed LF, it would be effectively admitting relegation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

I'd say Craig Lingard would be a better fit for Wakefield at the moment. Proven track result in getting the best out of a team on a small budget and picking off bigger oppnents.

Yes, he would be a perfect fit. so long as they act quickly!!

😉  😆

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.