Batley Bulldogs V Keithley Cougars MOM thread only cup game

redditchbulldog

McGowan

Kear

Morton

Excellent for 72 mins

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1. Macgowan

2. Woods

3. Morton

Pretty good all round though. Walshaw unfortunate to miss out on my top 3, as was White who seems to be developing a decent partnership with Woods. Awesome games from the bench for all the replacements too.

Edited by distantdog

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

1. Macgowan

2. Woods

3. Morton

Pretty good all round though. Walshaw unfortunate to miss out on my top 3, as was White who seems to be developing a decent partnership with Woods. Awesome games from the bench for all the replacements too.

I am on very similar lines to you. I really wanted to put some of the forwards in, as they completely dominated Keighley's pack and set the platform. However, I felt the 3 backs chosen were outstanding.

• Like 1

Plenty forwards deserve to be on here today, they built the attacking platforms and did all the hard work uphill both in making ground and pinpoint tackling to stop Keighley making much. Hirst and Ward were massive IMO, Walshaw took a lot of holding and did a great tackling stint, Flynny had a good eye for fans today. What ever Meadows, Woods and  McGowan did after that was a freebie from the forwards.

1 Ward played a lot of minutes today, must have earned Brownie points with Linners today after sitting a couple of games out.

2 Hirst, like Wardy; laid it all out there.

3 Tight decision, but for his ball-fielding, driving runs when getting into the line  and a great 2nd try, McGowan gets it.

Difficult to choose this week, as there were many excellent performances yesterday.

After due consideration

1. McGowan

2 Hodgson

3= White

3= Walshaw

More positives:

Plenty of grunt from the pack and quick PTBs

Best I've seen Woods play for Batley. Hopefully his injury is now behind him.

Champagne moment: Kear breaking out of a three-man tackle and charging down the middle.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

• 3 weeks later...

voting closed

1) Aidan McGowan 53 pts

2) Lucas Walshaw 19 pts

3) Dale Morton 11 pts

4) Josh Hodson 8 pts

4) Michael Ward 8 pts

6) Josh woods 6 pts

7) Ben White 5 pts

8 ) Elliot Kear 2 pts

8 ) Keegan Hirst 2 pts