Match thread: Championship Round 10: Featherstone v Sheffield. Sunday 7th May 2023.

marklaspalmas

This looks like our toughest match of the season so far, especially as the Eagles have an habbit of turning us over. Hopefully we will be stronger, maybe Lacans, Taylor and Springer might be fit to return. I feel that this will be a big indicator on where we are at.

It's going to seem forever since we played when this game finally arrives.

Springer and Lacans should be available for selection for this game according to Long's post-London interview, and Junior Moors was warming up with the team as 18th man at London so presumably he's now ready again.

You'd think this will mean that Vete and Aydin have returned to Cas and HKR respectively, they were billed as short-term loans when we were struggling for middles but we should be in a bit better place now. In fact with 10 players -  Springer, Kopczak, Bussey, Moors, Yei, Lockwood, Davies,Taylor (possibly), Day and Cozza all in contention for what are usually 8 spots, Long might even have a degree of choice again.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

7 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

This looks like our toughest match of the season so far, especially as the Eagles have an habbit of turning us over.

Maybe a few years ago, but I think we have won our last 11 against Sheffield.

That said it looks the best Sheffield team for at least 5 years and maybe longer. I think they are a better team than they showed against Swinton where they missed Thackeray badly. They look solid up the middle but I think we should still have the beating of them if we don't self-destruct with errors etc.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Maybe a few years ago, but I think we have won our last 11 against Sheffield.

That said it looks the best Sheffield team for at least 5 years and maybe longer. I think they are a better team than they showed against Swinton where they missed Thackeray badly. They look solid up the middle but I think we should still have the beating of them if we don't self-destruct with errors etc.

True, and I think I was just remembering that time, under Powell, ran they ran over 50 past us. 

The time when Sheffield scored "more than 50" against us was in 2012. A crazy match which is the equal 2nd highest number of points ever in a Fev League match (the other was when we beat Toulouse 90-10 the year before). It was Fev 40 Sheffield 60! Misi Taulapapa scored a hat trick that day - for Sheffield!

The highest ever tally in a league match was 108 when we lost to Halifax 44-64 in 2008.

Edited by fevnut
Correction
  • Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 23:45, Adam B said:

For. F*ck's. Sake.

I like to take the 'If something bad can happen to Fev it will' way of thinking.

So, despite the fact that he was the only one of the 34 players involved that picked up a knock,  I'm thinking we got off lightly - he might only miss one game 😉

9 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I suppose it’s another body, but not the most inspiring of signings.

A bit harsh M Did  OK when he was here before on DR  from wakey and giants put himself about scored 3 in 6

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I suppose these 2 week loans, allow us to assess players, for potential longer deals if they are successful. 

Aye M Dan out of contract at carpet carriers 

17 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

Was solid on his last stint with us, but the lack of a halves signing indicates either lacans or Taylor are fit or Craig hall is the chosen one to fill in at 6

Won't be Craig H  after the experiment went back to the tried and trusted Matty W