Bad Things Happening

Indigogo

5 hours ago, Dovster said:

Agree with everything you have said.

It says in the latest press release regarding funding for the stand, that it will be partly funded by some of the £33M Keighley Town funding. Do you know if this is the money which has already been agreed?

There was 2.25m awarded to the foundation which was far as I know comes out of that 33m. I've not seen anything else on the numbers so I'm making an assumption there.

2 hours ago, Indigogo said:

There was 2.25m awarded to the foundation which was far as I know comes out of that 33m. I've not seen anything else on the numbers so I'm making an assumption there.

I think you are probably right.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Mr Hicks said:

Why is it a shambles. He has made bad decisions and we are playing very basic rugby. 

3rd worst defence in the league do I need to say more.

You’ve just been promoted 🤣 are you mr O’Neil 

the Keighley club atm is a circus and a laughing stock 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

Why are we a laughing stock. Owners who are willing to swing the axe. You and nobody else knows the real reason why he has left.

New coach new ideas time will tell

Majority of fans on Facebook don't agree with the sacking.

The team manager has also left recently who was at the club for a long time 

Your ex-media guy has tweeted the club is a circus hence why he left

Luke Gale leaving 

Does feel like something is going on behind the scenes at the Cougars.

9 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

Why are we a laughing stock. Owners who are willing to swing the axe. You and nobody else knows the real reason why he has left.

New coach new ideas time will tell

The real reason will come out one day same with Gale leaving and other things happening such as not paying players on time and late then lying about it to the public 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

Why is it a shambles. He has made bad decisions and we are playing very basic rugby. 

3rd worst defence in the league do I need to say more.

Yes sitting 9th

in the table 3 points off the playoffs relatively clear of relegation

12 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

3rd worst defence in the league 

TRUE  your 9th but have scored more points than teams sitting 

5th to 8th

I think the expectation of the fans was to stay up this season and that currently is being met. However the owners have invested heavily and the team are not meeting their expectations.

Difficult decisions have to be made and the owners have shown they are willing to make them.

My only fear is that we have tried to move too quickly and not left time to consolidate our position.

I can understand why the decision has been made as long as we have a plan b.

I have seen the email that is being sent out.

When you have the second highest playing budget in the league after Fev then our league position is a failure.  Maybe it is naivety on the directors part paying such high wages but I presume it was the coach who brought the players in.

Ioane and Doyle are probably the only 2 signings that are what I would call earning there money.

Crooks doesn't have a good quality centre inside him, Walker not outstanding to say he has dropped down from Super league, Sid just doing a job which I've seen teams have players who are better.

If I owned the club and was pumping vast amounts of money in I would want to see results as well and certainly want to see us at least compete with the higher placed teams

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mr Hicks said:

I have seen the email that is being sent out.

When you have the second highest playing budget in the league after Fev then our league position is a failure.  Maybe it is naivety on the directors part paying such high wages but I presume it was the coach who brought the players in.

Ioane and Doyle are probably the only 2 signings that are what I would call earning there money.

Crooks doesn't have a good quality centre inside him, Walker not outstanding to say he has dropped down from Super league, Sid just doing a job which I've seen teams have players who are better.

If I owned the club and was pumping vast amounts of money in I would want to see results as well and certainly want to see us at least compete with the higher placed teams

I am quite surprised you believe what you have apparently read.

Do all directors of all the other clubs have intimate knowledge of other payments to players at other clubs?

It just needs the return of Jack Miller...

They won at Whitehaven then lost at home.

Earlier in the season they lost back to back.Why wasn't the sacking done then?

They were still,allegedly,on the second highest playing budget in the league,at that time.

How does a head coach control what directors wish to pay out to players? 

Perhaps paying a head coach the second highest in the league may make him more accountable. 

Perhaps paying a head coach the second highest in the league for going the extra mile way beyond his responsibilities as a coach may have been fairer.

I take it the next appointment will be an experienced head coach? 

Perhaps the club should stop giving out so much information to members of the public about whom they know nothing about.Unless it's just misinformation for the gullible.

Perhaps I owe Andrew Henderson an apology...

• Like 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

The Doctor has left as well. That’s someone from all areas now - medical, coaching, senior player, team manager. There has to be a common issue, likely with the owners. 

Add to that the media manager at the start of the season.

Ambition is the owners reason for most of the comings and goings. Fans forum tonight should tell us more. 

On 19/05/2023 at 20:30, RBear1983 said:

Any update and comments on tonight 

I have been away and unfortunately couldn't make the meeting.

From what I have been told the owners were very positive and supported by the fans that turned up.

Jy-Mel Coleman is stepping up to be interim Head Coach with Buster stepping in to help.

Jake Webster is taking over as Director of Rugby.

Certainly a win this sunday would go along way to restoring belief amonst the fans.

As much as we have the rivalry, I’d genuinely hate ANY other team to go through the mismanagement Bradford fans have had to suffer. Sounds like Doyle is doing well for you which is good to hear but silly money was thrown at him. Imagine he’s not the only one. 

Currently not looking good for Keighley with this exodus. We at Bradford know better than most what owners can spin in statements and fan forum. 

Best of luck (apart from on the pitch against us)

36 minutes ago, LongStandingBull said:

As much as we have the rivalry, I’d genuinely hate ANY other team to go through the mismanagement Bradford fans have had to suffer. Sounds like Doyle is doing well for you which is good to hear but silly money was thrown at him. Imagine he’s not the only one. 

Currently not looking good for Keighley with this exodus. We at Bradford know better than most what owners can spin in statements and fan forum. 

Best of luck (apart from on the pitch against us)

TBF I think Keighley could probably match the Bulls regarding dodgy owners. 

I am an optimist (I think you need to be following RL) and I don't think things are as bad as some clearly do.

I hope I'm right.

I think the owners spent big thinking there was a chance of SL. Although I don't think they were thinking of this year. Doyle just gets better and better.

Thank you for your kind sentiments - I hope you still feel the same after we hammer you on Sunday.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1