Fri 5th May: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/23 at 19:30

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Six again is what it is, for a side as off the cuff as us it should benefit us as much as anyone else.

A problem of ours I feel is that we do not slow down the oppos enough by putting as few men as possible into tackles. Added to zero linespeed, it means we take a pelting in most defensive sets and make it easy for teams to get quick ptbs against us, or failing that, a six again because we have tried to slow things down in a way we hadn't been earlier on.

Doesn’t matter how of the cuff you are if yo are getting six agains near your own line because the opposition are using it to get their defensive line set up then the rule is not working.

I don’t mind the second x again rule but it needs tweaking, this isn’t a comment based solely on last night it’s happening in most games, it rewards the offenders.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DG70 said:

Another great result for Salford who to be absolutely honest are a great run club and are where they are on merit, they actually deserve plenty of respect given their budget.

"A great run club"....are you serious? 

They don't pay their debts while signing ridiculous contracts they can't afford 

All whilst attracting no real increase in fans despite making finals 

I'm not having a dig at the fans they do have. Plenty of passion from the ones they do have.

But it's clear they either CAN'T attract a bigger fan base or DON'T KNOW HOW to attract a bigger fan base 

They should be in the Championship in my view 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

"A great run club"....are you serious? 

They don't pay their debts while signing ridiculous contracts they can't afford 

All whilst attracting no real increase in fans despite making finals 

I'm not having a dig at the fans they do have. Plenty of passion from the ones they do have.

But it's clear they either CAN'T attract a bigger fan base or DON'T KNOW HOW to attract a bigger fan base 

They should be in the Championship in my view 

Claptrap.  

Since Koucash left leaving loads of debt our current Directors have virtually paid off the outstanding amounts.

We live within our means and have a superb attacking coach and admirable collection of players who give their best every week.

As you probably know the club has instituted a special share scheme with one vote per fan. A real community inspired basis.  

Finally there are 2 huge soccer clubs with 140,000 paying fans within just 4 miles of Salford. Is it any wonder in these tough times that it's difficult to increase attendances yet would you believe it - our attendances are UP.

Get a grip Bronco and throw your bile on a less worthy cause.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Get well soon Tommy.

• Thanks 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

18 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Claptrap.  

Since Koucash left leaving loads of debt our current Directors have virtually paid off the outstanding amounts.

We live within our means and have a superb attacking coach and admirable collection of players who give their best every week.

As you probably know the club has instituted a special share scheme with one vote per fan. A real community inspired basis.  

Finally there are 2 huge soccer clubs with 140,000 paying fans within just 4 miles of Salford. Is it any wonder in these tough times that it's difficult to increase attendances yet would you believe it - our attendances are UP.

Get a grip Bronco and throw your bile on a less worthy cause.

Koukash took over a debt laden club. He wrote off his own investments.

Which debts have been paid off? The club defaulted on it's CVA

It has a small budget, which it does not operate within, because it does not have the commercial or fan bases needed to break even

As a result of the operating deficit,  liabilities pf £2.9m are continually growing.

It's why the club could not go to the market for a cash flow loan.

The football club excuse is a bit thin. Salford aren't competing with either club for paying spectators.

Their results to date are a huge omprovement, but the support isn't growing enough in numbers or £'s.

Good luck to them, but they are out of their league.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

I should add that in the first week of issue 400 fans have invested over £125k in the share issue.

For what it's worth I'd love Salford to get some great fan momentum considering they are THE Manchester club  And I do understand the difficulties faced 

Is the potential really there though? What more do potential fans want? It's a great stadium with a winning team in Super League......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Issues at Leeds…

Id say it’s issues with Newman, its not the first time this year hes been arguing with his team mates.

he’s a fabulous player but he needs to sort his temperament out.

Anyway did he not see Holroyd punch half the opposition team when at Bradford, he’s not the one to be messing with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before I start best wishes Tommy.

Ah well given you can count the number of times Salford have won at Leeds since VE Day, then this victory was deeply deeply satisfying.

From the oft, SRD controlled the speed, the flow, respected the ball, kicked well, defended excellent and pressurized, nae suffocated Leeds into numerous errors.

Given the fitness/injury issues, it was heartening to see the lads demonstrates such team cohesion.

And telling, given the intrinsic gut feeling of being a SRD supporters is to fear, expect to lose even if you are 20 points with ten minutes to go, at no point yesterday did the Red Dread saturate or overwhelm my thoughts.

It felt a comfortable win.

Maybe - coughs - what the Grand Final should have been if the semi had - coughs - correctly ref'd. 😁

So good news week 

1. Fourth successive win. More to come.
  2. In a play off spot
  3. Only need another 3 wins to avoid relegation
  4. £125,000 raised by the fans. More to come.
  5. Lots of smiling Solly faces........

The silver May Sun shining wisely over the Ship Canal.

The Minerals charging the air.

Enjoy, cherish the moment.

💪😄✌️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Koukash took over a debt laden club. He wrote off his own investments.

Which debts have been paid off? The club defaulted on it's CVA

It has a small budget, which it does not operate within, because it does not have the commercial or fan bases needed to break even

As a result of the operating deficit,  liabilities pf £2.9m are continually growing.

It's why the club could not go to the market for a cash flow loan.

The football club excuse is a bit thin. Salford aren't competing with either club for paying spectators.

Their results to date are a huge omprovement, but the support isn't growing enough in numbers or £'s.

Good luck to them, but they are out of their league.

Gavin Harrison and Bedfordshire Bronco on this forum appear to be the same person with the same old same old anti-Salford retoric coming out of them.

Take no notice.

Breathe, relax, forget.

Edited by Pete Grady
  • Like 2

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Id say it’s issues with Newman, its not the first time this year hes been arguing with his team mates.

he’s a fabulous player but he needs to sort his temperament out.

Anyway did he not see Holroyd punch half the opposition team when at Bradford, he’s not the one to be messing with.

Correct I hope he got what he was asking for Newman is a premadonna behaving like a spoilt kid.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

Correct I hope he got what he was asking for Newman is a premadonna behaving like a spoilt kid.

He is getting to be a grub in the Latteral Mitchel mould loves to dish it out but can't take it, twice at Leigh he took exception to being tackled and wanted to hit out at whoever was closest to him, then to cap it all he shammed an injury - as I said at the time in Myleresque fashion - to get a player sent off, so glad that the disciplinary saw through his 'deliberate' actions and overturned the review panels verdict.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He is getting to be a grub in the Latteral Mitchel mould loves to dish it out but can't take it, twice at Leigh he took exception to being tackled and wanted to hit out at whoever was closest to him, then to cap it all he shammed an injury - as I said at the time in Myleresque fashion - to get a player sent off, so glad that the disciplinary saw through his 'deliberate' actions and overturned the review panels verdict.

The leigh player pleaded guilty to the charge.

Newman was injured in that particular incident.

Theres plenty to have a go at him for without making stuff up, not sur what advantage you think Newman was trying to create by getting a man sent off in the last tackle of the game.

Curious to see how flying sliding knees count as a 8 point try in Warrington and how flying sliding knees don't count as a 8 point try in Leeds when the same ref is officiating.

Watching the clanging limbs of the former partner of a well known TV presenter, makes me wonder if "our Jack" was blinded by fading minor celebrity fame or just makes up as he goes along?

Just asking eh?

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Curious to see how flying sliding knees count as a 8 point try in Warrington and how flying sliding knees don't count as a 8 point try in Leeds when the same ref is officiating.

Watching the clanging limbs of the former partner of a well known TV presenter, makes me wonder if "our Jack" was blinded by fading minor celebrity fame or just makes up as he goes along?

Just asking eh?

Said exactly the same as Williams took the hit. No attempt to tackle or dislodge the ball. Myler doesn't hit with shoulder or upper body.

As clear a penalty try as you will see. 

Gets away with a £250 fine.

Edited by Gavin Harrison
  • Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 09:53, Chrispmartha said:

Doesn’t matter how of the cuff you are if yo are getting six agains near your own line because the opposition are using it to get their defensive line set up then the rule is not working.

I don’t mind the second x again rule but it needs tweaking, this isn’t a comment based solely on last night it’s happening in most games, it rewards the offenders.

The ruling has been in place long enough teams are playing to the ruling it's a case some are better at taking advantage of it than others.

On 06/05/2023 at 21:00, Pete Grady said:

Gavin Harrison and Bedfordshire Bronco on this forum appear to be the same person with the same old same old anti-Salford retoric coming out of them.

Take no notice.

Breathe, relax, forget.

Nothing anti Salford at all. Just a few unavoidable facts.

They are producing an excellent early season run of results with the likes of Lafai, Sio & a few forwards.

However, it does not & will not shift the perilous financial cliff they stand on the edge of.

Looked like a very healthy away following at Leeds.

9 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

The ruling has been in place long enough teams are playing to the ruling it's a case some are better at taking advantage of it than others.

That’s true but it doesn’t mean it’s a good rule, probably why the NRL changed it.