Bulls on the pitch at Catalan

Anyone remember the barrow lotto? The pitch split into squares and then a  cow roamed and where it did it's business the person who had that square won the prize? Or did I dream that? Or was it a donkey ?

Edited by barnyia
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, barnyia said:

Anyone remember the barrow lotto? The pitch split into squares and then a  cow roamed and where it did it's business the person who had that square won the prize? Or did I dream that? Or was it a donkey ?

Pretty sure that was in Borat, chief 😆

Wow this is really going viral, am seeing it on so many non-RL sites today. 

SL/RFL really missed a trick here by pretending it never happened on their social media. If they had have gotten the footage out first, their video would have gone viral, and significant traffic would have gone to them. Now it is being scattered across various news sites. 

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, langpark said:

Wow this is really going viral, am seeing it on so many non-RL sites today. 

SL/RFL really missed a trick here by pretending it never happened on their social media. If they had have gotten the footage out first, their video would have gone viral, and significant traffic would have gone to them. Now it is being scattered across various news sites. 

IMG working their magic already 

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, barnyia said:

No idea if they did it at Barrow but I know it happened at Aberystwyth Town Football Club back in the day cos I bought a ticket but my square remained business free.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

No idea if they did it at Barrow but I know it happened at Aberystwyth Town Football Club back in the day cos I bought a ticket but my square remained business free.

Sounds like BS. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, barnyia said:

Little known fact that it was actually Degsy in his early days career as the entertainment chief for the local Butlins wearing his back half of a pantomime horse costume. 

• Haha 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

It was in the mid 90s I think, I was playing a team up there against barrow (I think) and remember asking why there was a cow/donkey on the field. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pie tries said:

Don’t tempt him…

Setting a leopard loose in the crowd and giving a season ticket to the first one it bites. Interesting...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Made the New York Post:

Who knew rugby could be this exciting?

Players from the Catalans Dragons and St Helens were forced to run for their lives during warmups for their Super League match on Friday after a bull got loose.

The bull dragged a man around part of the field and then ran around for a bit as players got creative — going into the crowd or behind advertising boards to avoid the animal.

It didn’t help the situation that the Dragons were wearing red tops and, in a plainly bizarre decision, someone decided to continue singing over the stadium PA while the bull was loose.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/06/bull-rampages-on-field-before-super-league-rugby-game/amp/

• Like 4