V Doncaster

NickD

Wow.  After the way they dismantled Workington today we are gunna have to be at our best to get anything from next Sundays game.  

Really looking forward to this game,but nervous at the same. If we are serious about getting automatic promotion this season we’ve got to win all our home games,yes Doncaster are a good side who’ve spent a bit of money but we’re a good side as well. I honestly do believe the weekend off will have done us good and given time for the players to get over their bumps and bruises. Apart from Sam Day injured and Perry Whiteley suspended we should be at full strength. 

Dewsbury 22

Doncaster 14

Fts Lewis Carr 

Mom Butterworth 

Att who knows 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Sundays game against Doncaster is bigger than the Widnes cup game, my biggest fear is mental aptitude, since the Widnes cup game performances have not been slick with a razor sharp application. 

Hopefully having this break we can refocus on where we have to be to beat our 2 nearest contenders, the next 2 games will define our season, it won't win the league if we're successful in those 2 game, it will give us confidence that we've played everyone and beaten them. I want to see a whole hearted effort Sunday, nothing left in the changing room. I'm I worried.. No.. Concerned yes, Doncaster are coming to win knowing we don't play them again until the last game of the season at their gaff.. We win our next 2 games that game could become not as important if we lose to Doncaster, they have a free hit against us on Sunday... Bookies will have them down to lose.. Never underestimate the opposition. 

Dewsbury 28 Doncaster 18

Lewis Carr Crash first scorer

MOTM Reiss Butterworth proudly sponsored by all the contributors to The Dewsbury Faithful❤️

ATT 889

Edited by coolie
  • Like 2

Hard work getting into ground when decent little crowd turns up. Only two turnstiles open at recent home games. Walk ups paying cash are fine as they can waltz straight in and relax prior to kick off. Although some are getting initially held up in the loyalty queue( Season ticket holders etc) due to the fact that nobody explains to them that there is a cash only turnstile. It needs sorting. The ticket scanning machines are poor. The big side gate needs opening to speed things up. Give yourself time to get in folks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Hard work getting into ground when decent little crowd turns up. Only two turnstiles open at recent home games. Walk ups paying cash are fine as they can waltz straight in and relax prior to kick off. Although some are getting initially held up in the loyalty queue( Season ticket holders etc) due to the fact that nobody explains to them that there is a cash only turnstile. It needs sorting. The ticket scanning machines are poor. The big side gate needs opening to speed things up. Give yourself time to get in folks.

Correct,it’s absolutely ridiculous the length of time you’re waiting in long queues to get your tickets scanned,it doesn’t look good, especially to visiting fans. 

• Like 2

Our best defensive performance is the order of the day for this match against Doncaster.
So far we have conceded only 70 points in seven league games, but Cornwall managed 10 and Skolars 16. Then in the CC, London Broncos grabbed 36, so in our last two matches we have shipped 52 points, coming out worse in the second half in both matches. Doncaster must be rubbing their hands in delight and ready to take charge. I do hope we sent our coaches (and players maybe) to watch the game last week to watch and learn. Let’s be positive though.

Here’s my selection:

Restall; Carr, Jordan, Greensmith, Dixon; Sykes, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Walker; Graham, Garside; Davies, subs. Ferguson, Morris, Coventry, O’Connor, 18th man, Collinson.

Making up the 21: Collins, Summers, Wilkinson.

Dewsbury 16-10 Doncaster 

FTS: Jordan

MoM: Butterworth 

Att: 1084

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

I have very little to add to others comments about this game. Undoubtedly it will be the toughest that we have faced in the league so far and we will need to be on our mettle to get a win. The secret lies in the forwards, ball control and discipline.

Like everyone else I am relishing the contest whilst being a little nervous about the outcome.

I hope that we win, naturally, but would be loath to predict a score. A good gate would be very welcome.

Edited by Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I think we can win this ... but my confidence has been reduced by the injury to Sam Day and the suspension of Perry Whiteley... what will be key is that we must not switch off in the second half as we have done on a few occasions this season ... notably Rochdale and London in the cup and the Skolars away!!  It will take 80minutes of full on concentration and focus to win this!!  

The squads:

Dewsbury:

image.jpeg.a7582366c49a0a1aa14cae3bd9f79612.jpeg

Doncaster:

Burns, Cooper, Corion, Ferres, Foster, Hall, Halliday, Hey, Holdstock, James, Johnston, Kenga, Knowles, McConnell, Roberts, Robinson, Smeaton, Tali, Taulapapa, Veacock, Whitmore  

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.

A few shaky games recently. Defensively we can get distracted and need to do more. And the props need to do more all round. 

BUT, I actually see the lads blowing Doncaster away.

It’s a tough to call game when neither team has played against much in the league but if the Widnes and London game is anything to go by- Dewsbury are good against decent opposition. 

11 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

A few shaky games recently. Defensively we can get distracted and need to do more. And the props need to do more all round. 

BUT, I actually see the lads blowing Doncaster away.

It’s a tough to call game when neither team has played against much in the league but if the Widnes and London game is anything to go by- Dewsbury are good against decent opposition. 

I do hope I can pat you on the back after the game and say that you were dead right. 

• Haha 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

A good game all round, certainly the best league match of the season so far. Two decent teams, neither giving nor asking for any quarter but played in a proper RL spirit - tough without being nasty.

After a very tight first half and giving them a penalty to draw level as well as losing a man to the sin bin I feared the worst. As it was the team drew together and found hidden depths to eventually overwhelm the Dons. It was a shame to concede the last converted try but also I couldn't begrudge them the score.

I felt that, overall our organisation was better and youth showed its advantage. Doncaster have an experienced team but maybe a couple of them have a few too many miles on the clock - some of their forwards were certainly blowing on occasion. I felt that all of the team played well and it would be unfair to single anyone out for real praise, yet the quality of Butterworth stood out again for me.

Next week will certainly show just where we should be at the season's end and how we can manage in a tough game without Paul Sykes. It looked like a hamstring strain which, at Paul's age, doesn't heal as quickly as he might hope. I hope that as many Rams fans as possible get their free tickets and head over the tops to give the team their vocal support.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Truly outstanding all round today.   Take a bow all 17.  
loved the bit in the royal suite when our MC told the sponsors they’d picked the wrong player as the MoM.   Not sure who enjoyed that the most;  the sponsors or Brad Graham.   Priceless 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, RugbyPowelly said:

Good win. Plenty to work on, we’re better going forward than defending, but you can’t ask more than coming away with 2 points. Especially after a tough first half.

Defo better than last few years going forward but I’d say defence is our strong point this year.  

• Like 3