V Doncaster

NickD

Good gritty performance today ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Now the stuff I didn't like๐Ÿค”

3 times with ball in hand we gave silly penalty's away.. That needs addressing.ย 

Also after scoring the first set of 6 is mostly sloppy and uncompleted putting ourselves under pressureย 

2 points and a solid performance were the order of the day.. And that was achieved so we're all happy tonight ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Edited by coolie

Very good performance overall. Doncaster succeeded when they were able to slow the ptb down. Once the identified Graham's advantage over Halliday, they made the most of it. Tackled really well, though surprised Doncaster didn't try to kick on 6th near our line. But well done to the players, they deserved the win and top marks to Butterworth for another top 80 minutes on defence and attack.

That was a real tough, top of the table clash. Great defensive work from our lads, but, we have to stop giving away those silly penalties.ย 
ย 

A bit like Leeds Rhinos when they lost a player on Friday evening it galvanised them as a unit, we managed something similar after Turner was sin binned. A man down we scored, but I think the turning point came when Restall was awarded a penalty try. That seemed to free us up and when we targeted Tom Hallidayโ€™s corner with high kicks we scored three tries.ย 
ย 

Well done the team for the performance, but I make it we still lost the penalty count 4-6.

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.

5 hours ago, cauliflower lugs said:

Just tried to get 2 tickets but Oldham site says all sold out.

Send me a message with your email I will be able to help you out matey.

NEVER FEAR ROGER RAM IS HERE

9 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

The after match comments regarding the MOM BG were amateurish and pathetic.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Well, let me assure you - and anyone else who may have taken exception - that absolutely NO dis-respect was meant to either the choice of MOM or to Brad himself ........ It was meant to be a humorous attempt to highlight the fact that it was an almost impossible choice to pick one out of so many top performances ........ and that was later reaffirmed in the interview with LF ........ Our sponsors are vital to the club, and I believe "Language is everything" were hugely acknowledged for their match sponsorship and were given the opportunity to highlight their service offering. Don't always get things right ........ but I do try !!ย  ย I'm sorry to both parties if my 'humour' was interpreted as anything other.ย 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A last minute change of plan meant I could be at the match and so glad I was. A great performance by the lads especially when a man down to prevent Dons scoring AND score ourselves. A lot of credit to Liam and his team for building a team who play for each other and the shirt. Now on to Oldham.ย 

9 hours ago, coolie said:

And there was no queues at the turnstiles as promised ๐Ÿค”

Love it when a plan comes togetherย 

๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Coolie and the rest of the gang thank you very much. It was very noticeable that great improvements were made on the day. Sometimes we and definitely ME are quick to moan but slow or never quick to praise. I noticed members of the Amber Ribbon crew were involved. Great stuff and thanks again.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Well, let me assure you - and anyone else who may have taken exception - that absolutely NO dis-respect was meant to either the choice of MOM or to Brad himself ........ It was meant to be a humorous attempt to highlight the fact that it was an almost impossible choice to pick one out of so many top performances ........ and that was later reaffirmed in the interview with LF ........ Our sponsors are vital to the club, and I believe "Language is everything" were hugely acknowledged for their match sponsorship and were given the opportunity to highlight their service offering. Don't always get things right ........ but I do try !!ย  ย I'm sorry to both parties if my 'humour' was interpreted as anything other.ย 

Not a problem and great kudos for affording the curtesy of a reply. MOM selection at any level is in my opinion always subjective. Just felt that some things are better not said on a live Mike. Imagine being in the audience after you had just put a shift in displayed fantastic athletic ability in a game that mattered. An un blinkered brand new sponsor makes a selection only for both parties to be be publicly informed that some people felt it was the wrong choice. For what it is worth I felt that all seventeen collectively deserved it.

ย 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Coolie and the rest of the gang thank you very much. It was very noticeable that great improvements were made on the day. Sometimes we and definitely ME are quick to moan but slow or never quick to praise. I noticed members of the Amber Ribbon crew were involved. Great stuff and thanks again.

Thanks mate appreciated

A lot of work went into getting things right for the customer Sunday, from the parking, to the turnstiles, to tickets, even the extra disabled fans we had to accommodate were happy.ย 

We do listen and do try to make visiting The Flair Stadium a happy experience.ย 

Again thank you a bit of praise is always nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‡

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, coolie said:

Thanks mate appreciated

A lot of work went into getting things right for the customer Sunday, from the parking, to the turnstiles, to tickets, even the extra disabled fans we had to accommodate were happy.ย 

We do listen and do try to make visiting The Flair Stadium a happy experience.ย 

Again thank you a bit of praise is always nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‡

Not just because we won but I found it very enjoyable yesterday. A proper game of rugby league at our current level. Two proper sets of passionate supporters. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

I have to agree with the general sentiment in the messages above. It felt like a proper game yesterday against two well matched sides. The result was in the balance until around the 65 min mark before we stretched ahead.ย 

It would be great if we get promotion back to the Championship and then improve enough to be a competitive side again at that level.

However this has to be earned. Looking forward to the Oldham game on Sunday!

ย 

• Like 2
rambo.gif

Enjoyed the game on Sunday very much,massive effort from 1 to 17. A few fans on their Facebook page thought they were hard done by the referee,I did disagree with them with my opinion,Iโ€™m now banned ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Watching the highlights I think Brett Ferres might be in a bit of bother for throwing the ball at the referee after he awarded us the penalty try,which I thought was the correct call as Restall would have got to the ball,that was one thing the Doncaster fans werenโ€™t happy about even though they didnโ€™t have a clear view as they were behind the posts at the opposite end of the field ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Anyway onto the Oldham game,another very tough match against a good side. Looks like we will be without Paul Sykes due to a pulled hamstring though.ย 

16 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

ย For what it is worth I felt that all seventeen collectively deserved it.

ย 

.........at least we agree on one thing ....... You do however seem intent on hammering home your opinion and putting a very negative 'spin' on what actually happened, which is disappointing and not something I will carry on debating.

You seem to have the support of Nick D & Rambo, (as with yourself SS, I don't think I personally know these gentlemen) so there's enough of you to mass debate between yourselves.

You may be interested in volunteering (i.e. without personal reward) to do the job for a while next season .... I'll be missing for at least six weeks and I'm sure the Club would love to know about anyone who'd like to take up the mic in my absence.

Keep enjoying the brilliant Rugby we're serving up this season.

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 16/05/2023 at 13:41, Therein73 said:

.........at least we agree on one thing ....... You do however seem intent on hammering home your opinion and putting a very negative 'spin' on what actually happened, which is disappointing and not something I will carry on debating.

You seem to have the support of Nick D & Rambo, (as with yourself SS, I don't think I personally know these gentlemen) so there's enough of you to mass debate between yourselves.

You may be interested in volunteering (i.e. without personal reward) to do the job for a while next season .... I'll be missing for at least six weeks and I'm sure the Club would love to know about anyone who'd like to take up the mic in my absence.

Keep enjoying the brilliant Rugby we're serving up this season.

ย 

Time to move on. ย  I was surprised at the time but no one should think that fronting up with the microphone is easy. I suspect the exact opposite and suspect there wonโ€™t be many volunteers for your kind offer ๐Ÿ˜‰