Fri 12th May: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/23 at 19:30

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Newman intercept! Good speed from him, too.

I actually thought he looked quite slow, he struggled to stay ahead of Smithies who isn't the fastest of players.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

Just now, andyscoot said:

Bevan French didn't look too interested in chasing

He got balked by Smithies, who'd probably have moved if he knew French was coming up in pursuit. So French changed his line to keep the conversion out wide.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, andyscoot said:

Bevan French didn't look too interested in chasing

Funny play from French that.  He just ran a completely different angle.  I felt he could have caught Newman if he had chased hard... Smithies even got a hand to him before he touched down.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

That was a bad one from a player with history.

Deserves a few games for that, very dangerous.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

That’s never a red card till it’s replayed on the screen, I think. Moore is going to give a penalty and play on. The replay influencing the referees decision. 

It is of course a red and Tetevano must surely be one of the biggest wastes of salary cap in Super League history. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hughsehhh said:

Yellow card tackle at worst. 

Sorry, but I think you're badly wrong there.

It was a horror shot.

• Like 2

Just now, Jughead said:

That’s never a red card till it’s replayed on the screen, I think. Moore is going to give a penalty and play on. The replay influencing the referees decision. 

It is of course a red and Tetevano must surely be one of the biggest wastes of salary cap in Super League history. 

Agree with the first half. Every tackle replayed in super slow-mo with a hint of being high is a red card tackle. In real time it's marginally late 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Tetevano is the biggest idiot in the comp.

There should be an alternative awards night at the end of the season. Just like the Oscars and the Razzies, RL should have a glitzy "Head of Dick" award night, to match the "Man of Steel" event.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

There doesn't look to be many away fans there.

I hope IMG are watching and this is setting alarm bells off. 

I’ve enjoyed the game overall, it’s been even and entertaining, if at times it’s lacked a little bit of quality and composure but the fact that two of the biggest clubs this side of the equator, Wigan and Leeds, are playing in a sparse crowd without much of a feel that it’s a big game should be worrying for IMG. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think it was late.

And I mean in the sense that ball players are encouraged to dig into the line before a pass and take a bit of contact.  So if he takes contact then fair enough.  At full speed, I don't see it as a late tackle as Smith looked to commit him.

But it was high and direct contact with the head so I agree with the card.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Given the overall balance of play, 14:6 isn't much of a half time lead.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don’t think it was late in real time but it was high.

I don’t normally complain about commentators but Wilkins agenda is ridicules, someone at the Rhino’s must have embarrassing pictures of his mother or something. 

As for Leeds how’ve they’ve gone backwards so rapidly from last year us scary.

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Given the overall balance of play, 14:6 isn't much of a half time lead.

Apart from the fact it's 13 v 12.