Greece v Serbia Saturday 13th May

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

Kick-off at 4pm UK time, if anyone fancies watching the YouTube live stream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On a day where I have read a lot of doom and gloom about the International game this contest brings hope that our game still has a future for existing and emerging countries. 

• Like 8

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

2 minutes ago, The Partisan said:

On a day where I have read a lot of doom and gloom about the International game this contest brings hope that our game still has a future for existing and emerging countries. 

I was just going to say something similar. Reading about the impending collapse of the 2025WC makes me feel it's all over. Things like this just remind me that it actually hasn't really started. 

But these things need support from the wider game - and not just financial either, mainly knowledge. Small acorns can become a forest one day. 

• Like 4

Certainly agree on the knowledge point.  That is a requisite for all areas ... game skills, coaching, youth development, schools, administration, publicity and marketing. Many others. 

Finance is an ingredient in the creation of all these requirements but doing things smart can be just as valuable. 

• Like 2

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

The stream is live. Cheerleaders putting in a good shift.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Greece with a very smart Halifax-esque strip, while Serbia have gone for an asymmetric design.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Are the match officials wearing similar coloured shirts as the Serbian team?

The match officials are wearing pink with black shorts. The Serbs are wearing red shirts and shorts, with a vertical blue-white stripe on the right hand side. Different enough.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Serbian line-up is making me feeling itchy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Someone buy the commentator a big post-match drink for doing this in Greek and English!

Even if the audio's a little shonky.

• Like 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

So far (20 minutes in), neither side can exert dominance. Maybe fatigue will tell towards the end of each half.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

First try to the Serbs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

And Greece equalise!

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson