French play offs

The local 'L'Independant' newspaper saw it up the Canaris",had to work like mad" for this one. Completely different from the Cup Final in Perpignan.

Gigot was everywhere with his passes and kicking. Albi where in front  5 minutes from the end. Escare's super try full length killed the visitors. Carcassonne now going to Narbonne for Final & win both cup & championship.

Great game yesterday, need two to make it. Albi on the field and off it building for next year. Need more teams like this to make Elite 1, bring on more to make it worth it.

Edited by audois
  • Like 3

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I missed the start of this, but it's still pretty close.

Limoux 10:6 Lezignan after 25 minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, audois said:

The local 'L'Indepenant' newspaper saw it up the Canaris",had to work like mad" for this one. Completely different from the Cup Final in Perpignan.

Gigot was everywhere with his passes and kicking. Albi where in front  5 minutes from the end. Escare's super try full length killed the visitors. Carcassonne now going to Narbonne for Final & win both cup & championship.

Great game yesterday, need two to make it. Albi on the field and off it building for next year. Need more teams like this to make Elite 1, bring on more to make it worth it.

From looking at the lineups posted higher in the thread it appears that most of the players are French.  Do you know how many among the the four teams together are French?

You are allowed four non french players in your 17, both had four foreigner, Carcassonne 2 fijiens and 2 Aussies, Albi 2 kiwi and 2 Aussies I think, 

Lézignan had three Aussies (Maloney, norman , Dillon ) and one Papua (segayaro)

Limoux, 4 Aussies (templeman, sadler, Clark and Santo) plus Mika who's now classed as french. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

From looking at the lineups posted higher in the thread it appears that most of the players are French.  Do you know how many among the the four teams together are French?

I think, I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

13 from Albi.

14 from Carcassonne. 

14 from Lezignan (I’m including Baitieri as French).

14 from Limoux.

3 hours ago, kiggy said:

Not really related but I read somewhere the U19 semi final was decided on a red card?

Yes Villeneuve kicked a drop goal in the last second, u19s can't do Extra time as there's under 18s in the teams (federation rules ) so the game is deciding by red cards then tries scored I think, the cup semi between Carpentras and Carcassonne finished in  penalties from 40 metres out.

• Like 1

The local 'L'Indepenant' newspaper saw it up the Canaris",had to work like mad" for this one. Complely different from the Cup Final in Perpigan.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Other games decided this Saturday

at Pamiers - U19 cup between Toulouse - Carcassonne/ Elite 2 Ille-sur-Tet (Perpignan) - Villefranche (Aveyron)

at Pia - National 3rd division Ferrals (Lezignan) - Palau (Perpignan)/ Federal 4th division Val (Corbières) - Pujols (Villeneuve/Lot)

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, audois said:

Other games decided this Saturday

at Pamiers - U19 cup between Toulouse - Carcassonne/ Elite 2 Ille (Perpignan) - Villefranche (Ariège)

at Pia - National 3rd division Ferrals (Lezignan) - Palau (Perpignan)/ Federal 4th division Val (Corbières) - Pujols (Villeneuve/Lot)

Thanks Gordon have decided to pay homage to Jean-Claude and go to Pia to watch Palau i will do a blog on the event for Monday on my you tube channel.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, audois said:

Villefranche (Ariège)

VIllefranche is in Aveyron - bit over an hour north of Albi.  Pamiers is the RL team in Ariège, south of Toulouse heading up into the Pyrenees. I'm sure you know that, but just in case anyone else cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pamiers are coming back not just hosting this weekend. It's often in France clubs put the 'key under the door' to come back years later. Val XIII who are in the matchs this weekend have only just come back!  The villages involved are Servies - en Val and Rieux- en Val with a joint population of 350 just off the main road between Carcassonne and Lezignan

Edited by audois
  • Like 3

Results today

At Pamiers

Elite 2

Ille-sur-Tete   25-18 Villefranche

(The winners had two former Dragons in half back Remi Marginet and forward Thibaut Magalet)

U19s Cup Toulouse Olympique 24-14 Carcassonne

At Pia

National 3rd division

Palau 23-20 Ferrals

Federal 4th division

Le Val Xlll 27-14 Pujols

(latter is a combination between several villages in Servies en Val and those at Lagrasse  Val d' Orbieu)

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, audois said:

Elite 2

Ille-sur-Tete   25-18 Villefranche

Have Ille now been accepted into Elite 1?

When will the fixtures for the next campaign be released,please?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Ille said they may move up but I read today that they won't, Villefranche where  keen but said they wanted to win the final to get promoted, so I doubt they will, it would be great if one them did, 

• Like 1

I think the size of towns shoud be taken in. Villfranche has 12,000 double of Illé-sur-Tet.  Pia has 10;000 as does Limoux

2 hours ago, audois said:

I think the size of towns shoud be taken in. Villfranche has 12,000 double of Illé-sur-Tet.  Pia has 10;000 as does Limoux

Personally speaking would be good if Villfranche went up (I remember them being in Elite 1 around 20 years ago) Jason Sands i think was player coach.

Paul

• Thanks 1