James Ford

Aaron Bower reporting that James Ford is set to leave Wakefield...and start as director of rugby with...

"Featherstone Rovers, who are keen to strengthen their rugby staff despite an impressive start to the season under new head coach Sean Long.

They have identified Ford, a man who has worked at Championship level for a number of years, as the ideal fit – and he has agreed to leave Wakefield and take up the reins at Rovers."

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

5 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Maybe allowing Pryce the opportunity of the Bradford Northern job? 

I hope not, if we are to achieve our goal of promotion we need stability in the coaching set up

29 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Maybe allowing Pryce the opportunity of the Bradford Northern job? 

For that to happen it would be 

James Ford has left his role as an assistant coach at Wakefield Trinity to become Featherstone Rovers' assistant coach

• Like 1

All about IMG this one. Fordy is taking up a wide reaching role that whilst complementing the first team and having input into recruitment will be majoring on junior development and pathways, not only making sure that box is ticked but making sure Fev are picking up and developing more of the better juniors from around the area.  It's role that will suit him, he was an excellent tutor at Wakey College, is very knowledgable about RL and now has the experience within the pro game to know what is required. Good bloke is Fordy and he'll be an excellent pick up for you guys.

• Like 8

Statement from Wakey

“The club very recently became aware that James had agreed to join Featherstone Rovers for the 2024 season and after considering all the circumstances, we have agreed with James that he should leave with immediate effect. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting to note that a day on from this news breaking Wakefield still haven't announced it on their website or on their social media channels. Don't think it's much fun being a Wakey fan at the moment.

Thats the understatement of the year!

Hope you come up this time, you've earned your shot. Got to be better than the ###### show that is us in recent times.

Edited by Wakey Til I Die
  • Like 1

I don’t think Trin are as naive as they might appear. They’ve worked out that if they go down the new criteria, based on new stand, catchment area etc will get them back up without having to spend a small fortune on players this year to try to stay up. The relative short term lack of ambition must be very frustrating for the fans though. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

I don’t think Trin are as naive as they might appear. They’ve worked out that if they go down the new criteria, based on new stand, catchment area etc will get them back up without having to spend a small fortune on players this year to try to stay up. The relative short term lack of ambition must be very frustrating for the fans though. 

I think they're pinning all their hopes on that new stand (and the pitch).  I'll be amazed if they generate a quarter of the revenue they imagine (£100,000 from the pitch, £500,000 from the stand) and they'll still have a stadium that will look terrible on TV.  Apparently the  cameras will be in the new stand, so the outside world will still see what a sheethole the rest of it is.

14 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Big gamble, as even if they ranked higher than us, I’m sure that the RFL would prefer the likes of London, Toulouse etc.

15 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I think they're pinning all their hopes on that new stand (and the pitch).  I'll be amazed if they generate a quarter of the revenue they imagine (£100,000 from the pitch, £500,000 from the stand) and they'll still have a stadium that will look terrible on TV.  Apparently the  cameras will be in the new stand, so the outside world will still see what a sheethole the rest of it is.

Yeah, I'd love to see the models they've used for those income predictions. It's not as though there are several (underutilised) all- weather pitches and numerous conference/event facilities (with easier access) in the area.

7 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Big gamble, as even if they ranked higher than us, I’m sure that the RFL would prefer the likes of London, Toulouse etc.

What if another Toronto springs up with financial clout?.I am sure if they won League1 and The Championship they would be put in to SL before Wakey and other Championship teams.It would only take a good ground to play out of and 4 to 5 million.

10 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

(£100,000 from the pitch, £500,000 from the stand) a

Funny thing D from those figures it works out around £80 an hour for the pitch and £400 an hour for the stand I would say they are a tad optimistic

• Like 1